Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Do you agree with me that AM should have a question category for geography and places or place names?

Do you agree with me that AM should have a question category for geography and places or place names?

Posted - November 24, 2019

Responses

Yes. I suggested a Geography category more than a year ago, and more than once. Crickets. 
    ~
      November 25, 2019 12:29 AM MST

• No.  There are  already too many arbitrary categories that serve no real.useful purpose.

There was a polling site called Sodahead that nailed it and should be copied more. Instead of a laundry list of categories that all get posted on a main feed and serve no real use.  Narrow it down to a 4 or 5 broad categories that are isolated from the others.
    Example: 

Fun/humor

Politics/news

Games

Internet culture

Lifestyles

Adult

And then a Main that shows all posts in all categories.

There doesn't really need to be dozens and dozens if niche categories and it doesn't really serve any food doing so.

November 25, 2019 7:34 AM MST

With the exception of Adult Mug and perhaps blogs, what purpose do categories serve?  Either you want to answer the question or you don't.
      November 25, 2019 8:02 AM MST

You know, that’s a good point, especially since I recently found out that mods/admins strip some posts from their writers’ selected categories to place them in “correct” categories. Since there aren’t always “sufficient” nor “completely adequate” categories, get rid of all of them!
    ~
      November 25, 2019 8:14 AM MST

Thanks for agreeing.  
      November 25, 2019 8:16 AM MST

I agree. I told them that before and they gave me an answer. I don't remember what it was.  I gave up.
      November 25, 2019 8:18 AM MST

I mean, if a brutha cain‘t get a dang grammar category, sammich category, tilde category, coffee-haters category, avocado-haters category, anti-Vegemite category, is there any rhyme or reason to life itself?  Grrrrrrrr.

~
      November 25, 2019 8:33 AM MST

How about Randy's corner?  

We have all these corners.  Does anyone even use that?  What is up with those corners anyway?  What are they FOR?  
      November 25, 2019 8:35 AM MST

What corner(s)?  I thought only Rosie has one. 
    ~
      November 25, 2019 8:36 AM MST

what about Jaimie's gansta one?  

And I thought there were more.  Anyway what about Rosie's corner?  LOL  Who ever GOES there?  I mean her whole queue is her corner.  And yours and mine.  ???  What corner do we need?  
      November 25, 2019 8:40 AM MST

I think a category for geography and place names would be great.
    Might encourage a little more arm-chair tourism - open some minds from parochial and provincial to cosmopolitan and global - help us become more a part of one world.
      November 25, 2019 4:41 PM MST