Discussion » Questions » Politics » What the hell is Bloomberg doing?

What the hell is Bloomberg doing?

I'm pretty sure his whole rational for throwing a wrench in already rusty gears is. "  If Trump can do it,  so can I"

Will somebody put a leash on him please?

Posted - November 25, 2019

Responses

I'll pretend I am Keith and you tell me if I am doing a good impersonation.  

TRUMP is like a big fat ORANGE CLOWN blundering his way through the globe, making a total anus of himself; tweeting at every turn. 

BLOOMBERG is IDENTICAL TO TRUMP IF:   If Trump had a brain? If Trump knew how to make money like Bloomberg is doing?  Trump would have never gotten caught.  Bloomberg won't either.  And ONE man with that much power always makes mistakes.   Did you hear Bill Gates squirm out his non-answer when asked if he would vote for Trump if Bernie Sanders was the other candidate?  HE COULDN'T ANSWER.  That is why these morons are out for themselves and their ideas.  They are not in any way shape or form interested in what anyone thinks of their ideas.  Other people are in their entitled way.  No amount of money or power is enough because they need it all to control it all.  
      November 28, 2019 3:36 PM MST

Why do you assume that anyone who makes money must be corrupt? Bloomberg is not at all like Trump, and he would have a better chance of winning the general election than would Sanders or Warren. That's the point of his candidacy.
      November 28, 2019 3:54 PM MST

You misunderstand.  Making money is the backbone of our nation.  I want to make money, I want to support others in their endeavors to make money, what I do not want is the others to make too much money.   I'll allow for anything under 10 billion, which is a shameful amount for anyone to control.  And yes, how they got there will mostly be through either birth (TRUMP) or corruption (TRUMP) or both.  

I am sure there are many philanthropic billionaires out there.  We don't hear about them.  Maybe they are wise, maybe not. It is too much money for most examples of one individual controlling that much wealth without doling out a fair percentage.   
      November 28, 2019 4:07 PM MST

So what do you have against Bloomberg? You say he has no background in politics, but he served three terms (12 years) as mayor of NYC, in charge of the fourth largest governmental budget in the US - only the federal budget and those of California and New York state are larger. Don't you get that he essentially was CEO of the nation's biggest city, a job much more akin to the presidency than that of a legislator serving in the House or Senate? If he can run the best (most effective) campaign against Trump, how could you not support him?
      November 28, 2019 4:25 PM MST

rational rationale
      November 28, 2019 2:46 PM MST

Trump afflatus
      November 28, 2019 2:50 PM MST

What do you think he's doing? Running for president to give the Democrats an alternative as someone who, unlike a wacko lefty like Sanders or Warren, actually can beat Trump next November. He was effective as mayor of NYC, and his 12 years as CEO of the nation's largest city are much better preparation for the presidency than is being a senator. Why are you so bothered about it? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 28, 2019 7:09 PM MST
      November 28, 2019 4:38 PM MST

All the gold in Fort Knox could not get Michael Bloomberg elected president. There is a simple reason for this, the man’s entire raison d’etre is an anti-fun agenda that slowly sucks the joy out of life and replaces it with cogs turning wheels in the factory of progress. Nobody wants that. Running the country through the deflavorizing machine, as Woody Allen once put it, is not a winning message.

But one thing to know about Michael Bloomberg is that he isn’t dumb. He knows he’s more likely to be elected pope than president, but he knows what he’s doing. Now that gun-grabbing, pretty boy Beto is out of the race, there is nobody running in the repeal the Second Amendment lane. That’s where Mike comes in. Bloomberg 2020: Strong Fiscal Management and Gun Confiscation.

As I wrote back in 2016 when Trump was elected, New York City is now the center of federal power; D.C. is more like the lake house. But regardless of what Frank Sinatra says, making it here does not mean you can make it anywhere. Michael Bloomberg has a solid legacy, and he’s a better retail politician than most people outside New York would know. But he is completely ill-suited to the current political moment.

There may be some significant segment of the Democratic voting base that says, give me the safest hand at the rudder even if it constricts my freedom. But all the current candidates fit that bill. The Republican Michael Bloomberg of 2002 would be a compelling and potentially significant entry into the 2020 Democratic primary. The “Hey, I’m a Democrat!” Michael Bloomberg of 2019, not so much.

You kind of have to feel bad for the Democratic primary. It dutifully holds its town halls and debates, but the other network has the Game of Thrones impeachment inquiry that sucks up all the ratings. A very special episode with Michael Bloomberg isn’t going to change that.

The frustrating thing about Bloomberg is that he really is an effective leader and manager. He did some wonderful things in the Earth’s capital. But his Fran Drescher nanny routine has become his lock, stock, and trade. And no reasonable conservative or even moderate can trust him.

The American people are up for a fight. It’s the electoral equivalent of Daniel Day-Lewis and Liam Neeson at the top of “Gangs of New York.” Bloomberg’s wet blanket “lets be calm and calculated” shtick is the last thing anybody wants. Michael Bloomberg is a good and decent man, was a great mayor, an out-of-sight businessman, but that’s not what the people want right now. The people want fighters. Bloomberg is a nice guy, and as the saying goes, we know where they finish.

November 28, 2019 7:40 PM MST

OK, then get ready for four more years of your fave!
      November 28, 2019 7:44 PM MST

I think that Bloomberg thowing his hat in and gumming up the works is going to do that a lot faster than anything else.  

The idiots who hate Sanders and Warren and love the idea of a BILLIONAIRE solving all their problems are really the problem.
      November 28, 2019 7:46 PM MST

Why should wealth disqualify a guy who has demonstrated  the ability to be a capable CEO? That's what a president is.
      November 28, 2019 7:52 PM MST