Discussion » Questions » Environment » Do you love it when your environment is calm and mostly quiet on your days off or after work, or do you need a party-like atmosphere then?

Do you love it when your environment is calm and mostly quiet on your days off or after work, or do you need a party-like atmosphere then?

I am a Scorpio, and I love the quietness, but I could switch from one to the other status "in no time flat" . Those emotion changes can also have many reasons, of course.

Posted - November 26, 2019

Responses

What decade of my life are you asking about?  I partied in my youth.  And I stretched that youth out way too long.  So, parties do not thrill me. I like peace.   I am a Scorpio.  I love to be alone.   And so do most Scorpios.  I never heard of Scorpios liking to switch gears.  They are very adaptable as a rule if it is their choice.  But, to just make them (me) do stuff at the last minute?  FORGET IT.   I can do it if I must, and I can do it if I plan, and I can do it if it is my idea.  But I am not thrilled marching to another's orders.   

November 26, 2019 4:29 PM MST

• Thanks - I am astonished that my question get an answer that can inspire an author to write several novels about it. Very interesting....I can sit and enjoy reading a book - and then someone knocks and invites me to a birthday party in the neighborhood. If you call that switching gears - yes, I can and am able to enjoy it. My youth is very different from any other's youth, and what I gather here, so has been yours. 
      November 26, 2019 5:36 PM MST

I think your youth would be so much more interesting than mine, I can't tell you.  I had a boring normal childhood.  Not much happened. I bet yours was book-worthy.  
      November 26, 2019 6:13 PM MST

• You are right on with the book. It is published. My youth was mostly horrible, I had a hard time to survive at the end of WWII, I was 2 weeks short of starving to death ( according to a doctor), while the war was still on in Germany, I was almost shot to death. That are only 2 examples. BTW - I had my first real party at our home in Germany when we had 25th Wedding Anniversary- with 65 guests. When I was a teenager after the end of the war, I had nothing, just the worn clothing on my body. I worked at days and I learned at night. 
      November 26, 2019 6:39 PM MST

White, you have GOT to be kidding me.  No wonder life is so extraordinary to you still. I mean it. That can break a person but it can also make someone like you.  A person who knows what she has gone through and can appreciate what she now has.  That was inspirational to hear.  I mean that.  It is your Thanksgiving gift to me. Thank you for it.  
      November 26, 2019 10:28 PM MST

• Thank you, Sharonna, I can really feel that you mean it. Thanksgiving gift very much appreciated. Have a good one, too. Karin.
      November 27, 2019 7:36 AM MST

Dang...I also am a Scorpio. No parties for me.
      November 26, 2019 5:15 PM MST

• I did it again, E99, I apparently made it sound like I am a partygirl. Far from it. 
      November 26, 2019 5:42 PM MST

Post menopause...my wife is the same.
      November 26, 2019 6:00 PM MST

You crazy kid, you.  LOL  
      November 26, 2019 10:29 PM MST

We are the best, aren't we? 
      November 26, 2019 6:12 PM MST

Yes, we are.
      November 26, 2019 7:57 PM MST

Oh my GOD no wonder I love you. I love Scorpio women.  (that was a joke, Welb)
      November 26, 2019 10:30 PM MST

:)
      November 27, 2019 5:39 AM MST

Add me, another Scorpio, to the list.

I appreciate when my mind is calm.
    Whenever.
    Wherever.
    However.
      November 26, 2019 7:57 PM MST

You are intense and focused that is for ding-dang sure.
      November 26, 2019 10:30 PM MST

• Wonderful to hear we have another Scorpio here. I like my mind to be in the calm state also, which does not mean that our minds are not working. Do you all know that it is said that Scorpios are the most intelligent people of the Zodiak?  Oh boy, now I am bracing for the comments, especially from those who say: It is all Hogwash.
      November 27, 2019 7:45 AM MST

Sounds good to me!
    ;)
      November 27, 2019 8:06 PM MST

Another Scorpio here.  Calm and quiet are just great - love them!  Have not partied for many years.  Don't miss it. 
      November 27, 2019 8:12 PM MST

• Good to see you again, officegirl. Your answer could be mine.
      November 28, 2019 8:10 AM MST

• Since we are all Scorpios here so far, someone might be interested what I wrote about it in my website in one of the main tabs "About Us" Just scroll down a little to hit it. https://karinbartsch.weebly.com/about-us.html
      November 28, 2019 8:28 AM MST

I yam a Scorpio also. I'd like to get in a fight with a Gemini  (Donald Trump) to see who would win. Scorpio love challenges, i am 8 months older than the Donald. Can someone set this up -and charge admission for people to watch?
      November 28, 2019 9:53 AM MST

• Scorpios are also Diplomats, who rather stand back from any fight with the big "Orange One". That is all I am going to utter, I hold back everything in politics.
      November 28, 2019 3:57 PM MST

I just usually defend myself,  I have never hurt anyone in a fight. I just do mostly 'friendly fighting'.
      November 28, 2019 4:25 PM MST