Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Do you think that with some of the professions there is sometimes too much paperwork involved in the work?

Do you think that with some of the professions there is sometimes too much paperwork involved in the work?

Eg. nursing,  doctoring,  policing..  I've heard sometimes police have to spend hours of their own time writing reports relating to an incident they were involved with. 

Posted - November 30, 2019

Responses

Yes. 
    ~
      November 30, 2019 5:17 AM MST

The amount of paperwork in the medical field is staggering.  Paperwork is a major factor why many doctors no longer accept new patients, as well as why they give up their practices.
      November 30, 2019 11:29 AM MST

It is one of the main reasons I retired from teaching. It got to the point I refused to do it.
      November 30, 2019 5:44 PM MST

Of course.  It's like that mostly because of my profession.
      November 30, 2019 11:37 PM MST

It's always too much in terms of the unpleasantness of having to type up or transcribe what happened.

But in terms of creating a record that can be used to backtrack to the cause of an event, keeping legal records in case things backfire, prompting memory, and having useful information to prompt further enquires and research - all of it is absolutely necessary.
      December 1, 2019 6:20 PM MST