Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The epic battle for the heart of America

The epic battle for the heart of America

Hello,

So, I'm thinking the impeachment battle will come down in one of two ways..  If Trump avoids impeachment, he'll be re-elected, and ALL the people, like Strozk, Comey, Page, Clapper, McCabe, Clinton and Obama WILL be in jail.. 

Or, if he's impeached, ALL the people around him, like Guillani, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Pence, Miller, and half the congress WILL be in jail..

Whaddya think?

excon

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

Nope. 
    House will impeach. Senate will NOT remove. 

No one goes to jail. 
    Trump will be re-elected. 

Our system is two tiered and all of the people mentioned are on the no jail tier. 

Some one may get a fine. Some may loose security clearances (which everyone should when they leave their job) 

The charges maybe filed against some of the former FBI people but I no jail time. This post was edited by my2cents at December 5, 2019 8:01 AM MST
      December 5, 2019 4:19 AM MST

Hello my:

Nice to see you..

Your scenario certainly could be what happens.. 

But, I think Trump will be ridden out of town on a rail..  Here's why.. 

Outside of his base, Trump is a hated man..  I believe that there are at least 20 Senators who hate him as well.  Of course, they can't speak out as individuals because Trump will tweet them to death..  But, the impeachment vote will allow them to act as group.  And, in my view, that group is just waiting for the opportunity to throw him out..

That's my 2 cents.

excon This post was edited by excon at December 5, 2019 8:01 AM MST
      December 5, 2019 6:21 AM MST

Trump is supported by nearly 90% of Republicans. Those in the Senate may indeed hate him....but they will not commit politcial suicide for that hatred. 

If it goes to the Senate (and I believe it will)  We will see a whole new game. Shift, Biden, Biden Jr, Comney and the rest will be called to testify. And the President's people will testify. 

No removal. Just both sides using the system for the election. 
    If Dems were serious Schiffty would never have been in charge. And rules would not be so obviously biased. And there would have been a Special Council. And then convended as normal. From there. 

Yes good to see you on the main forum as well. 
      December 5, 2019 6:43 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Grab some popcorn..  This is getting good..

excon
      December 5, 2019 6:55 AM MST

Yep but we already know the ending. 
      December 5, 2019 6:57 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Uhhhh, no we don't..  Yes, the Republicans control the Senate, but during the trial, the Democrats can call witness's.  That includes the people who avoided the House subpoena's, and they'll be questioned under oath.  I think people like Mulvaney, Pompao, Rick Perry, John Bolton, and the like would rather tell the truth than risk jail for Trump..  Rudy, of course, will have to plead the 5th..

I dunno how that'll effect the outcome..  But it WILL..

excon This post was edited by excon at December 5, 2019 8:29 AM MST
      December 5, 2019 7:34 AM MST

Unless they have undeniable evidence....it will change nothing. But we will have to wait and see. 

We will have to disagree. 
      December 5, 2019 8:29 AM MST

No - Rudy won't have to plead the Fifth.
    As he is Trump's personal attorney, he can legally claim "attorney - client privilege" and refuse to disclose any conversations or actions he took on behalf of his client.

THAT could cause a "Constitutional Crisis", and his actions included negotiations with a foreign power.
      December 5, 2019 9:37 AM MST

Them there Democrats sure want the President outta here. They even made up a story & crime because they ain't got nothing on him. 
      December 5, 2019 7:54 AM MST

That is the obvious story 
    but it is the Repubs that have no defense
      December 5, 2019 10:36 AM MST

I don’t think he will be elected again

and I agree with the rest 
      December 5, 2019 10:39 AM MST