Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Do you like cats? They have such tasty ears and whiskers!

Do you like cats? They have such tasty ears and whiskers!

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

If they only knew how to kill each other.  That cat could puncture that bird's throat in two seconds and that bird could sever that cat's head in three seconds.  FLAT.  

So tasty.  
      December 5, 2019 9:43 PM MST

It does surprise me that there isn't more violence in these videos. When my family adopted a bird (a parakeet, IIRC) when I was young, we simply could NOT keep our cats away from it. I think one of the cats finally did get the 'keet, even though it was in its cage.
      December 5, 2019 9:49 PM MST

I had a cat and a bird.  It was not a good idea.  That is all that cat thought about.  
      December 5, 2019 9:55 PM MST

I watched this video last night.  I was amazed the cats put up with the birds!
    It really was entertaining.  Thanks!
    To answer your question, yes.  I do like cats very much and birds, too!
    I don't nibble or poke at their ears and I rarely play and pull at their whiskers.
    I tend to pat their soft fur and like to watch them.
    There is no right or wrong way of liking a cat.
    I do it my way and the birds do it their way.
    The cats win, either way!
    :) :)
      December 6, 2019 9:32 AM MST

Unfortunately, the cats don't always like us avian types back...

December 6, 2019 3:35 PM MST

After watching these videos, I began to wonder.
    Do you think it might be possible that the cats tolerate the birds because they are doing the cats a favor?
    Knowing most cats are "neat freaks" about themselves, cleaning their faces and whiskers after they eat and daily grooming a necessity, maybe the birds see things we don't.
    Maybe the birds are picking the parasites off their faces and body?  Maybe the cats appreciate their grooming friend.  
    When the blue bird walks all on the back of that cat, maybe it is like a mini massage.:)

This post was edited by Merlin at December 7, 2019 6:36 AM MST
      December 7, 2019 4:28 AM MST

It's possible. Some cats have weird habits and preferences....

This post was edited by SaltyPebble at December 7, 2019 10:40 AM MST
      December 7, 2019 6:39 AM MST

This is precious.  What is just as funny as they are color coordinated!  Their human friends must like things that match.  They were destined to be friends, too!
    Big hugs!! :) :)
      December 7, 2019 10:41 AM MST

I like cats.  I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
      December 6, 2019 11:09 AM MST

Love them.
    Have rarely met a cat I didn't like.

Would never consider eating one - even if it meant I had to starve to death.
      December 6, 2019 11:05 PM MST

Ya I like cats. My cat is like my sleeping pill - she sleeps on my ankles and I find her purring and the vibrations from the purring very soothing so it helps me fall asleep. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      December 7, 2019 9:03 AM MST

Very Nice for both of you!
    Happy Weekend to you as well. 
    :) :)
      December 7, 2019 10:43 AM MST