Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » Outer space aliens approach our planet and encounter the myriad of man-made satellites that orbit it. They whisk away the satellites and

Outer space aliens approach our planet and encounter the myriad of man-made satellites that orbit it. They whisk away the satellites and

take them for observation, inspection, curiosity‘s sake, whatever, never to return them again. What would be some of the effects of all the various satellites suddenly being taken away?

~

Posted - December 12, 2019

Responses

Anyone who relies solely on GPS for navigating their automobiles around the city would be permanently lost.
    We could no longer spy on our enemies, nor they on us.
    Battle drones could not be used half way around the world.
    World-wide TV networks would go out of business.
      December 12, 2019 8:19 AM MST

They would take ALL the satellites?

The moon is a natural satellite.  So no more moon.  LOL

And they'd probably send us a bill for cleaning up all the debris "satellites".  
    You know, all those loose parts and pieces from space launches.

What about the ISS?  Would the crew be interviewed ... or interrogated?
      December 12, 2019 8:24 AM MST

1.  Thanks for the clarification.  I’ve just edited the question to specify “man-made” satellites. 

2. The description field already alluded to “all” of them even before I made the edit.
      December 12, 2019 8:31 AM MST

Why are you giving yourself golden-tilde awards?
      December 12, 2019 9:18 AM MST

It’s not an award, it’s just a different version of the tilde at the bottom of my post.
      December 12, 2019 9:25 AM MST

Last summer, the Dish Network installer came out to put up a new dish. He showed me this device that you held up to see where Dish's 3 satillites were located in the sky.  Now I know which trees to remove in about 10 years to provide good reception. Wait! I don't need to remove any trees because there is another Dish Network sattillite over there. Cool.
      December 12, 2019 9:03 AM MST

99% of the Worlds population would be taking Prozac because:

1. GPS is gone and they don't know how to read a Map
    2. The communications infrastructure is down, Cell phones for the most part don't work
    3.  Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc are not working along with the rest of Cable/Dish/other.  Books are no longer in peoples houses, so people would stay inside because they have forgotten how to talk to their neighbors
    4. Militaries around the Globe would have to Stand down, no one knows how to operate in the Fog of War, Read Map, or Command on the Fly
    5. Terrorists without internet, cells phones, GPS would no longer be able to execute hatched plots
    6.  Modern Houses would fail to function since Nest and Ring would be offline

The rest I will leave to your imagination
      December 13, 2019 4:59 AM MST