Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Trick question: what’s the difference between the smell of mold and the smell of mildew?

Trick question: what’s the difference between the smell of mold and the smell of mildew?

Answer: it doesn’t matter when it’s the first thing that hits your nose as you open the door of the hotel room you’ve just rented!  

I even asked the staff for a different room, I was informed that unfortunately due to the tropical weather, humidity lingers inside all of the rooms, so the only people who even notice the odors are those who arrive from outer climates. The local people have just become so accustomed to it that they don’t notice it as abnormal. Sure enough, the second and third rooms they allowed me to poke my head into had the same aroma.

The open-air areas of the hotel, such as the lobby, the restaurant, etc, do not suffer that plight, only the rooms and meeting areas, because they remain closed up for more than half the day every day. 

~

Posted - December 14, 2019

Responses

What a rotten question to ask....They musk have broke the Mold  when they made you....so sorry to put the dampners on your question But this Petri (Pretty) Dish had no option ,I always thought of you as a Fung'i but no longer have to worry about your need to grow on me....

Here is my answer in a riddle.....What is the difference between Interior  and Bactria ?
      December 14, 2019 6:25 AM MST

Be careful backin’ that thang up to me like that; you might get some of my fronteria-bacteria in the interior of your backterritory. (Cough, cough.)

~
      December 14, 2019 6:55 AM MST

I'm very choosy 
    With the whosie.
    And the things I doosie. 
    But this is now newsie 
    To me or even yousie ....:)
      December 14, 2019 8:10 AM MST

I respect that you’re select in the way you choose who views or uses the kooze, you’re no flooz, I know that much for sure. You have your man, and we all know he’s not Ran-Ran, so it’s only in jest that I’d even suggest an attempt to add you to the rest, I know you‘d most likely scare ‘em over at the harem if they saw how much of a big heart you put into your relationship, it got you you moniker and they won’t dicker with that. It’s all in fun when I use a pun to joke about filling your oven with a bun, we both know that you’re not my type and I’m not yours. Anyone who says so is full of hype. Anywho, where were we? Oh, yes, I was sayin’ that it’s not you I’m layin’ nor am I tryin’, those are some fish and chips that I won’t be fryin’.

~
      December 14, 2019 1:30 PM MST

Looks like it took yew half a day plus too right that....one day I might just teach you a lessen to write quicker...  Now get'cher pencil ready and we will begin again ..its    Q.U.I.C.K.E.R...... :)
      December 14, 2019 2:28 PM MST

She has nice hair. 
      December 14, 2019 3:20 PM MST

December 14, 2019 7:54 PM MST

No trick. There is no difference as they are different names for the same thing.
      December 14, 2019 10:26 AM MST

Why do you ask pray tell?   :  I
      December 14, 2019 12:15 PM MST

I guess I’m just venting. 

~
      December 14, 2019 1:28 PM MST

I opened the door of my vehicle today and smelled mold. Weird you should mention it today especially.  I wonder if it means I'm gonna be homeless and use my car like a motel room.   :   (
      December 14, 2019 3:19 PM MST

Shrug. Maybe it means that you and I will end up in some smelly old motel room together some day.

~

December 14, 2019 7:51 PM MST

Mold smells like sweaty balls and mildew smells like sweaty pits. 
      December 14, 2019 3:34 PM MST

Uh...how do you know what sweaty balls smell like. Maybe you shouldn't answer this.
      December 14, 2019 6:23 PM MST

Make her answer it, don’t let her off the hook. 

~
      December 14, 2019 7:53 PM MST