Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » We tattoo our bodies with weird pictures as a sign of beauty and dye our hair orange, yellow. red green purple and blue. What is next?

We tattoo our bodies with weird pictures as a sign of beauty and dye our hair orange, yellow. red green purple and blue. What is next?

Posted - December 16, 2019

Responses

Piercings? Wait...they are already here.
      December 16, 2019 12:19 PM MST

That looks sick and not everyone does stupid things to the only body we will ever get to use ....:(
      December 16, 2019 12:25 PM MST

No tats here. And I have never died my hair a color that was not a version of natural hair color...black, brown, brown with reddish highlights (not auburn though)
    My ears are pierced that is it. But in high school I did wear a fake nose ring with a chain to my ear. Lol. So glad, my parents forbid a real piercing. 
      December 16, 2019 12:36 PM MST

cone heads

December 16, 2019 1:39 PM MST

Lot of people do many things.... some wants to change gender....

Ive saw a girl who had lip fillings, and i felt bad about it because sometimes we cant control the outcomes of plastic surgery. Myself included. 

December 16, 2019 1:50 PM MST

Orange skin is all the rage this year

December 16, 2019 4:45 PM MST

I'm not sure that tattoos are about beauty.
    I have none - so I'm ignorant on this one.
    I've asked tattooed people about it.
    They say it's painful, that there's an element of self-abuse in it - almost a mild version of the impulse to self-cut or harm.
    They say it's often about declaring an identity, or an attachment to an idea, experience, loved one or memory.

For the Maories, tattoos on one side of the face represented the mother's family clan, the other side, the father's. But the number of tattoos had to be earned through initiations and achievements. In Maori culture, people could read who they were meeting at first glance.

I've always suspected that weird hair colours are more about rebellion or attracting attention rather than beauty.
    Often it's a kind of social-clan identity - "we bohemians are all in this together" - a way to recognise each other.
      December 16, 2019 6:11 PM MST