Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » SHOULD I QUIT THIS JOB? THEY TEXTED ME AND ASKED WHY I AM NOT AT WORK TODAY. WHO EVEN KNEW WE WERE OPEN???

SHOULD I QUIT THIS JOB? THEY TEXTED ME AND ASKED WHY I AM NOT AT WORK TODAY. WHO EVEN KNEW WE WERE OPEN???

I seriously had to explain to these people that I had no idea we were open on New Year's Day.  Why would we be?  I had no appointments and they said I did.  I checked.

Posted - January 1, 2020

Responses

What the trump? Who gets a massage on the first day of the year?
      January 1, 2020 7:06 PM MST

I have never taken a day off work and they have the nerve to TEXT ME AND SAY I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED TO SEE IF WE WERE OPEN.

????  We were CLOSED CHRISTMAS DAY.  I had no clients New Year's Eve or Day.  ???  

I don't care any more.  Every time I turn around they are complaining about the stupidest things.  
      January 1, 2020 7:45 PM MST

1.  Please stop shouting; it's not necessary in order to get your point across, and if you state it succinctly (as you did), it's just as easily understood without the shouting.

2.  Never quit any job until or unless you have another one already lined up.  That means a smooth transition from working the old job one day and starting the new job the next day.  A promise of a job or a "maybe" doesn't count.

3.  If you are independently wealthy, you may disregard number 2 above.  However, it's not likely to be the case, because you might not have needed to post this at all if you were filthy rich.

~
      January 1, 2020 9:32 PM MST

I'd perhaps not quit.. I *would* give them a piece of my mind - in writing! As you say, you had no appointments... and it was New Year's Day. I would point that out to them and perhaps list all the other nonsensical whines they have made, all of which, I would say, are making you question why they are treating you so badly.. 

Perhaps make them feel bad for their awful behaviour>?
      January 2, 2020 3:05 AM MST

• They are right, you are wrong.  You should have checked the schedule instead of assuming.  Its not like New Years day is a real holiday after all. Few places close for it.
      January 3, 2020 3:15 AM MST

Many retail businesses are open on New Year's Day - some workers are grateful for the extra hours.  You have now learned that whether at this place or a new job, you'll need to pay closer attention to business hours. Sorry, this one is one you.
      January 3, 2020 4:38 AM MST

Sounds like a no call/no show. Many jobs you would not have to worry about quiting. 

The worker should always check the schedule. If they misread it or assume closed that is the worker's fault. 

I misread my schedule years ago and did not show up. I apologized. 
      January 3, 2020 5:35 AM MST