Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » I never understood the reason why we fall in love ?

I never understood the reason why we fall in love ?

It comes like that. With a total stranger

Posted - January 1, 2020

Responses

For me only one person was irresistible because he was chosen by God so we would have each other.
      January 1, 2020 11:35 PM MST

It's in our genes..
      January 2, 2020 12:39 AM MST

With a total stranger, it's lust, not falling-in-love.
    One can only fall-in-love with someone one actually knows. There has to be a relationship and therefore the person is not a stranger.
    But whether it's lust or amour, the reason is gonads.
    Hormones. 
    They're like a drug, except that you have no choice about taking them.
    Pure and simple.
    By the time you're old enough for the hormones to have faded (70-80, maybe less,)
    you'll discover it's almost impossible to fall-in-love - the hormones that made it possible have dropped to almost zero.
    It does happen, but it's rare.
      January 2, 2020 12:40 AM MST

We fall in love so that we can form lasting bonds which help nourish and protect us, especially at vulnerable times such as pregnancy and child rearing, we were originally designed to have both parents present and contributing to the rearing of kids ans so love and close bonds help make that possible.. 

Of course, here in the real world that doesn't always happen and people can and do end up raising children alone.. but I think most would still say that isn't ideal.. 

generally speaking while we can fall in love at first sight, it doesn't have to be with a stranger.. it is most often something that develops with someone we know

January 2, 2020 2:40 AM MST