Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » How long before a silence becomes awkward. ...please answer quickly if you can and if you can't,don't leave it to long for obvious reasons .

How long before a silence becomes awkward. ...please answer quickly if you can and if you can't,don't leave it to long for obvious reasons .

Posted - January 3, 2020

Responses

I bought the very best of something today.  It made me very happy to be able to do that. 
      January 3, 2020 3:17 PM MST

Im saying nothing for once......Opp's :(
      January 3, 2020 4:04 PM MST

Huh?  Why the frownie face? :  (

There is a world of difference between the last one I bought and this one, I am blessed.  

This post was edited by . at January 3, 2020 6:11 PM MST
      January 3, 2020 4:24 PM MST

Because I said something...opps :( 
      January 3, 2020 4:26 PM MST

You are silly!  hahahaha  :)
      January 3, 2020 5:14 PM MST

Depends on the relationship.
    With someone one knows well, silences can last for hours and remain comfortable, companionable and pleasant.

With people one has just met, silences can become awkward in seconds. 
    It signals reticence on both sides, the fact that both have perceived a diplomatic impasse.

The most socially skilled person will quickly come up with a question or comment to break the tension.
    But still, everyone knows what happened.
      January 3, 2020 4:03 PM MST

There are never any awkward silences when I'm around....their problem is keeping me quiet and getting  a word in edgeways ...:)
      January 3, 2020 4:17 PM MST

In real life, are you like you seem here, friendly, comic and flirtatious?
    Do you have favourite topics you like to talk about?
      January 3, 2020 4:30 PM MST

Ten times or more worse'r ,from ten months old I drove my parents mad....my mum mostly as my dad would be laughing hisself silly with the things I did and said...he's still the same now when I go home and my mum often digs him in his ribs to stop him egging me on...
    My parents home is a mad house....more so when the hoards arrive home with their clans    

I love sicence ,our planet earth ,enviroment .....anything to do with construction , I love making fine wood work products....and I have a severe addiction to shoes.....as do all of my family ,they always seem to be wearing theirs where I collect them by their hundreds...:) 
      January 3, 2020 9:25 PM MST

I know...you have to go have a pee...hurry.
      January 3, 2020 6:11 PM MST