Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What’s the most recent thing a stranger did to help you out? It doesn’t have to be anything big, maybe he or she offered a few coins at the

What’s the most recent thing a stranger did to help you out? It doesn’t have to be anything big, maybe he or she offered a few coins at the

cash register to round off your purchase or gave you directions to find an office in a building or held your dog’s leash while you tied your shoe. 
~

Posted - January 4, 2020

Responses

Hold a door open for me. That happens often, and I often do it for others.
      January 4, 2020 9:03 AM MST

Gave me advice on choosing eye glasses since my sweetie got tied up in traffic. 
      January 4, 2020 3:24 PM MST

Day to day, the need doesn't arise.

Early in 2008, I was catapulted from the back of a young horse on a fire trail in a national park on the day before an endurance ride.
    I had managed to get up, catch the horse and get back on, though it was hard to breathe.
    A stranger on another horse happened by, saw how pale I looked, and offered help.
    She stayed with me until we got back to camp.
    She organised her son to tend my horse (unsaddle, put him in his yard, give him a feed and drink)
    and organised another member of her team to take me to the local hospital.
    The local doctor made a false diagnosis and sent me back with a bunch of pain killers.
    Four days later I collapsed unconscious.
    Turned out to be four broken ribs and a punctured lung.

As a result of her kindness and my gratitude, we became friends.

January 4, 2020 5:07 PM MST