Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » So, why does it say I edited one of my answers when I did not?

So, why does it say I edited one of my answers when I did not?

I'll include the link to the question.

Today I got a notice that Urban Spaceman had 'liked' my answer to his question earlier today, January 20, 2020.

Just now, when I clicked on my alert that he had liked my post, I looked closely at my answer and in my answer it states I had edited my answer today - - January 10, 2020 at 8:27am.  I know for a fact I did not edit in any way that question. I did not even look at that question today until about ten minutes ago, more than 12 hours later. And before that, I had not looked at it since April of 2019 when I originally posted my answer.

Why would it say I edited that answer when I did not?

EDIT #1: I am editing my this question here today, January 11 at 8:32am-or-so my time --
without signing into the site until now, the "edit" notice on the question "in question" has changed twice -- the latest notice in the question below now says I edited the question January 11 at 1:05am. I did not even come onto the site until now and that other question supposedly keeps getting edited by me. So, if you happen to look at the question, do know that the date and times of editing seem to be changing.

Here's the link to my question and you can see about what I am talking:

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/12107/which-party-do-you-vote-for-the-silly-party-or-the-sensible-par

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/12107/which-party-do-you-vote-for-the-silly-party-or-the-sensible-par

Posted - January 10, 2020

Responses

Mug Gremlins
    LOL

Truthfully, though...I have no idea what that would be about, Welby. I know you asked about disappearing comments.
    Were you naughty? I can't imagine you doing that. Perhaps there is something on this site going funky. 
      January 10, 2020 7:55 PM MST

I love it! Ha!
    :)

Yeah, what's going on here with me? Disappearing comments, etc. Yup.
    And guess what?  I didn't even receive a notice/alert that you had answered my question! I only saw that you did because I got an alert you had responded on Twinkle Dink's train question and in your response, you said you answered my question. I get an alert that I edited an answer when I did not --  and I get no alert when someone answers my question.

If you don't see me around for a while, at least you'll know why. Enough is enough. If someone doesn't want me around, so be it.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 11, 2020 8:35 AM MST
      January 10, 2020 8:10 PM MST

Awwww. We all want you around, Welby. I really enjoy having you here. Both Twinkle and I think the world of you. Send a message to JA and ask here what's up.
      January 10, 2020 8:23 PM MST

I'm signing off for tonight - Randy D caught a mistake in my question. I didn't even see it until I looked three million times. Time for me maybe go to bed for the night. :)

Thanks much Jonny Goat :)

I'm OK, though. Thanks for your help tonight. :)
      January 10, 2020 8:27 PM MST

I think the world of both you and Twinkle Dink, too, Jonny Goat. Thanks. :)
    I'm off to work now.
    Be Well.
      January 11, 2020 6:38 AM MST

Thanks, again, Jonny Goat. I appreciate again your sense of humor with your original answer, too, ha!
    I didn't know how to send a message to JA because we're not 'officially' on each other's friends list.

But, yeah, I'm taking it all as some sort of glitch; others have said that, too.

See you around, be well
      January 13, 2020 10:32 AM MST

All I noticed is that you used a date the won’t occur for ten more days: January 20, 2020. Do you know something that none of the rest of us know?

~
      January 10, 2020 8:18 PM MST

I don't get it -- I see nowhere in my question the date January 20 -- I see "January 10, 2020"

And, like Jonny Goat's answer, I received no alert that you answered my question, either. 

Thanks, though for answering Randy D.

January 10, 2020 8:22 PM MST

SH** - - I'm out of here for tonight -- I see what you mean - -I see January 20  -- I'll stop posting now. 
    Thanks, though again
      January 10, 2020 8:24 PM MST

Please don't feel like anyone is picking on you.  You know how it is here.  As Johnny Goat said, there are Gremlins at times that fool all of us.
    They have me.  But, I still believe and have faith in everyone here.  
    If something weird DOES NOT happen to you and at least one of your posts....
    Well, THEN you have something to worry about.  Luckily, you got yours out right at the begining of the year!
    PHEW!!  You're safe for at least six months!!
    Big Giggles!
    I would miss you terribly, Welby.  Please stay.  You are one of the reasons I look forward to coming here.
    Good Night and Sweet Dreams.
    I truly hope I will see you sometime tomorrow.
    Love you,
    Love, Merlin
    :) :)
      January 11, 2020 12:03 AM MST

Thanks, Merlin.

I'm off to work now. i'm late, sorry this is short.
      January 11, 2020 6:38 AM MST

It is GREAT to see you this morning!!
    Hugs and Loves!  Don't let the kiddlets bite!  Give them a box.  They will love it.
    Triple-dog,
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be Well and Know, YOU are important just the way you are!
    :) :)!

January 11, 2020 9:35 AM MST

Thanks you again. (I've calmed down, ha!) I was never quite so uptight as I may have come across here, ha!
    But I admit it was weird seeing the statements that I kept editing that answer when I never touched it -- and the times and dates kept changing.  
    I'll take it all as some kind of glitch as others have mentioned.
      January 13, 2020 10:26 AM MST

You're welcome!  You are safe.
    Hugs and loves, always!
      January 11, 2020 9:45 AM MST

Thanks, Merlin :)
    I'll accept all the kindness in life I can get.
      January 13, 2020 10:27 AM MST

• Welby that happens to me all the time. I’ve noticed that if I edit an answer or reply, when someone responds to it, it changes the date stamp to when they replied. So it’s not just you :) weird answermug glitch. 
      January 11, 2020 7:02 AM MST

Thanks, Jaimie. I appreciate your sharing this. Yeah, I'm taking it all as a glitch.
      January 13, 2020 10:27 AM MST

Some kind of glitch. 
    It an old question too from before the site upgrade. Those questions are not formatted the same either. 
      January 11, 2020 7:12 AM MST

What site upgrade?  When did it happen, and what got upgraded?
    ___
      January 11, 2020 7:49 AM MST

You do not remember the whole site being upgraded? Everything was changed. 
      January 11, 2020 9:45 AM MST

When?
    —-
      January 11, 2020 9:47 AM MST

Fall of 2016 or 2017.
      January 13, 2020 1:39 PM MST

I wrote something and then reneged it.
    I'm afraid to rub two Lincoln's together.
    I'm a believer.
    ;) :)
      January 11, 2020 9:56 AM MST

(Lincoln’s Lincolns)

No apostrophe. 
      January 14, 2020 5:44 AM MST