Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » I was just told here...'Get a room you two...'. I thought it was funny. Why do others take offense to it?

I was just told here...'Get a room you two...'. I thought it was funny. Why do others take offense to it?

Posted - January 19, 2020

Responses

I think it's so wrong to just take a fence....if the person has livestock ,they could get free and possibly wander into the road and create an accident....:( 
      January 19, 2020 6:49 PM MST

(or worse) 

If you get this, I will be very impressed. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 21, 2020 10:53 AM MST
      January 20, 2020 12:27 AM MST

I'm completely foiled with this answer or yours ....it eary here in England and my brain is not functioning yet ,so I'll have another stab at answering it later if that's ok with you...Theses duel nationality can often seem o'ffensive though....:(
      January 20, 2020 1:20 AM MST

You did an excellent job and if you didn't fess up and tell me you don't know, I would think you got the POINT perfectly.

FENCING.  FENCING, my dear.  
      January 20, 2020 9:44 AM MST

And there was me thinking I was going to get the Axe ....I should never have crossed swords with you...:(
      January 20, 2020 12:25 PM MST

• Yeah!!  I agree!
      January 20, 2020 9:41 AM MST

I think we all see the point of the sketch..,:)
      January 20, 2020 12:28 PM MST

Maybe they’re just jealous of you and your situation. 

~
      January 19, 2020 10:44 PM MST

I don't think that means the person is offended.  I think the person is observing the obvious.  That's all.  

Or making a joke.  
      January 20, 2020 12:29 AM MST

I gues I should have said '...offended when said to them...'
      January 20, 2020 9:36 AM MST

• Pretty much a guarantee that someone will be offended by something ... all the time.   And, I'm personally offended that you asked this question!!  
      January 20, 2020 9:40 AM MST

• "Get a Room."  LOL!

I've been told that very thing before when I know it was perfectly necessary to get my attention and have me dial back my natural tendency to be too risque.  I've also been told that when it didn't even make sense and nothing untoward was taking place.  So, I suppose in most instances the need to make the comment and the person's reaction to it is contextual.  As someone who is told that from time to time, I will say it gets old hearing it on a regular basis.  The moderators are perfectly capable of removing inappropriate content and to be quite honest I am not moderated all that often.  So, I know I'm not doing anything too terribly bad.  I am well aware that I dance on the line sometimes but believe it or not thought does go into all my posts and I try hard not to cross it.

The thing is.  We are all just people here.  Good but flawed people.  We have our moments of sparkle and we have our occasional times of tarnish.  Some days we just aren't in the mood to react appropriately to others comments trying to call attention to our behaviors and then there are other days we are just better able to laugh it off.  I usually do what everyone else around here does.  I just have my say in an effort to deal with it and then I move on.  I like everyone here far too much to carry any long lasting ill will toward them.  answerMug is a great place and so are its members. 

Especially you E99.  You ole Baciagaloop.  Mwah!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 21, 2020 10:47 AM MST
      January 20, 2020 10:08 AM MST

You're so cute.
      January 21, 2020 10:47 AM MST

Hmmm

When a group of people of a certain sexual orientation engage in friendly, humous banter online that is not flirtatious or sexual and told to "Get a room" yet others who are of different sexual orientations are ignored for similar online communications, it is perceived as insulting and tbh, passive-aggressively discriminatory.

It is fine to jokingly be told to get a room, but I know exactly what this is post is in reference too.  The original insensitive comment made which started this incessant rumination has since been deleted and apologies were made.  Let me remind you who made that comment...YOU.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/98332/i-saw-this-in-the-grocery-store-and-got-sick#siteforum_post_740708

This post of yours has all the appearances of being inflammatory and vindictive.

Sorry for being blunt and harsh, bro. I'm not one to mince my words.

Let it go (Has anyone told you that before? lol)

This post was edited by Jon at May 29, 2022 10:11 PM MDT
      January 20, 2020 10:19 AM MST

• Geez! 
    Only a big queer would post "Let It Go!".  LOL! 
    BTW!  I want my Elsa wig back.  You've had it long enough.
      January 20, 2020 1:17 PM MST

It seemed like the right thing to do!
    It's True. I*'m a humongous queer and thanks to my friend Chris, he pointed me in the direction of my peers... 

You can have her back! Excellent housekeeper until she started drinking the dog's ear mite medication and she does not deal well with "floaters".

This post was edited by Jon at May 29, 2022 10:11 PM MDT
      January 20, 2020 1:28 PM MST