Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Business » What should I do at night when I’m stuck in Toronto for a week on a work course next month?

What should I do at night when I’m stuck in Toronto for a week on a work course next month?

A) call up my ex who lives in Toronto and say “how you doin’?”
B) sit next to some hot stranger at the hotel bar and say “how you doin’?”
C) stay in my hotel room and watch re-runs of Friends HOW YOU DOIN’ ? 

Posted - January 30, 2020

Responses

Why not do all three? Hell, you’re in Toronto. Live it up! 
      January 30, 2020 7:05 PM MST

• Haha yeah, I used to go to Toronto all the time for work but this will be the first time with my new job. My new job is putting me up in a much nicer hotel though. I’m super excited get back there for a week. I’m there four days, I can fit it all in ;) 
      January 30, 2020 7:12 PM MST

Sounds nice! I was there on a girl’s trip four years ago and we all crammed into my friend’s tiny apartment. Needless to say, we are no longer friends. 
      January 30, 2020 7:14 PM MST

• You took a cheese grater to their faces... didn’t you? -_-  I only live a few hours away from TO but it’s always nice to go there on someone else’s dime. It’s expensive as’ faaak there. A decent hotel is $500 plus a night Downtown. 
      January 30, 2020 7:17 PM MST

Dang, so expensive! 

No, no, couldn’t risk cheese grating people when there is a motive. Makes me look suspicious. I found a random victim instead and put a cut out picture of their faces on them. 
      January 30, 2020 7:21 PM MST

• But didn’t the cheese grater cut through the pic? Are you close to Toronto? Not asking your exact location:) don’t through me in the dungeon. 
      January 30, 2020 7:23 PM MST

Well, I save their faces for last. I like to look into their eyes as I scrape. 

Nope, I live in southern US, so not even close. 
      January 30, 2020 7:25 PM MST

• Thats nice of you to give them invisible scars first. So thoughtful. what brought you to Toronto? 
      January 30, 2020 7:26 PM MST

Well, one of my friends lived and worked there. The other friends lived in different parts of the states. We all met in college and have moved around. 
      January 30, 2020 7:28 PM MST

• Nice, did you go a few hours road trip  to see the Falls? Most Americans  always make a day trip to Niagara Falls when they hit up Toronto. 
      January 30, 2020 7:31 PM MST

Nope. I had already been to Niagra falls as a kid. We traveled through Canada multiple times on the east coast. We did take a trip to Ottawa to visit another friend there. 
      January 30, 2020 7:35 PM MST

• Ottawa is boring as faak! There‘s nothing to do there unless you like museums -_- 
      January 30, 2020 7:37 PM MST

No, I loved it there! It was so beautiful. I just like nice scenery and architecture. 
      January 30, 2020 7:40 PM MST

• It’s very clean. I worked in Ottawa for years, it is pretty but it‘s not the best place to have a life, social life :) 
      January 30, 2020 7:41 PM MST

Well, I live in a small town, so it is a lot better than what I have around me now. 
      January 30, 2020 7:43 PM MST

• small towns are the best. I want to move away from it all and live in small town  nowhere when I retire, with yearly trips to Toronto so I can remember why I ran way. 
      January 30, 2020 7:47 PM MST

No way, I am a city girl all the way. We drive into the city as often as we can. 
      January 30, 2020 7:48 PM MST

• If you move to a small town,  there will be no one around to hear your victims scream.... 
      January 30, 2020 7:49 PM MST

Quite the opposite. Everybody knows you and will immediately know if someone is missing. 
      January 30, 2020 7:51 PM MST

• Oh... so I guess you don’t want to run away with me to Alaska or somewhere like that? 
      January 30, 2020 8:00 PM MST

That depends. What do you have in mind? 
      January 30, 2020 8:03 PM MST

• Well I don’t really have a plan, I just really want to run away from life. I don’t want to be an accessory to murder in my new life though so I was just thinking we could grow vegetables and make soup. You can chop the vegetables in a violent manner though. That’s fine. 
      January 30, 2020 8:06 PM MST

Hmmm. How about this. I’ll go with you and pretend to just chop vegetables if you promise to look the other way when I actually enjoy my personal hobbies. Deal? 
      January 30, 2020 8:10 PM MST

• DEAL! As long as the scars aren’t mine ;) 
      January 30, 2020 8:13 PM MST