Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » DNC at it again. Changing rules for the next debate so Bloomberg can get on the stage. So who is rigging the election?

DNC at it again. Changing rules for the next debate so Bloomberg can get on the stage. So who is rigging the election?

Posted - January 31, 2020

Responses

I am somewhat surprised that you think that we think that you actually give a bleep about this.
      January 31, 2020 6:54 PM MST

If I were a Dem, I would be mad. 
    Does not matter to me. I ain't voting for any of them in Nov.

I guess you do not care. This post was edited by my2cents at January 31, 2020 6:58 PM MST
      January 31, 2020 6:56 PM MST

No, if you were a Dem (I hope) you'd care about much greater anti-democratic (small "d") distortions of our political system.

But since you're not a Dem, apparently you're happy enough just to bleat "Two legs Dems...BAD!"
      January 31, 2020 7:04 PM MST

DNC rigged it last time and they are rigging it this time.  
    I disagree with the Dems on policy and on how they run an election primary. 
      January 31, 2020 7:22 PM MST

Given there is essentially no candidate the Democratic party is likely to produce for whom you would vote, you have ZERO stake in how they select their candidates, so you have no reason to care.

The only other plausible genuine reason you would care is because you have an interest in the general integrity of our democracy and electoral processes. In which case, alterations to the Democratic debate which might garner Bloomberg 3% of the vote instead of 2% of the vote would be far far down on your list of priorities, so you would not bother posting about it here.

Since you did feel motivated to post about it here, I submit your actual motives are as I described above.

This is known in common parlance as "concern trolling."
      January 31, 2020 7:30 PM MST

I point out when the accusers, do what they accuse others of doing. ie. Rigging an election again. 
      January 31, 2020 7:56 PM MST

They have to rig, lie, and cheat. They can't win any other way and they know it.
      February 1, 2020 1:27 PM MST

Regardless of whether Bloomberg appears in the debate or not, that outcome does not effect how citizens get to vote one iota.

If citizens don't like the way the DNC (a private organization) operates, they can join and attempt to convince it to operate differently. Or they can vote for another party's candidate. Or they can stay home. Or they can write in a candidate of their preference. Democracy is not threatened and, unlike Trump extorting the government of Ukraine to lie on CNN on his behalf, no laws were broken.

As I noted above, claiming the DNC's behavior is equivalent to voter purges, gerrymandering, voter ID laws, caging lists, or simply our elected representatives ignoring the will of the voters in favor of their rich/corporate donors is bulls**t.

Please take your concern trolling elsewhere.
      February 1, 2020 4:37 PM MST

voter purges....we need to get the dead and moved voters off the rolls. If someone is mistakenly removed all they have to do is fill out a paper. 
    gerrymandering....does not apply to Pres elections. 
    voter ID laws....we should have to show ID to vote. We have to show it for anything else important
    caging lists....Obama built the cages. 
    or simply our elected representatives ignoring the will of the voters in favor of their rich/corporate donors is bulls**t.....mine vote my way. 

All I know is IF I were feeling the Bern, I would be ticked. 
    Again Trump will beat the Dem whichever one it happens to be...no concern there. 

This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2020 5:18 PM MST
      February 1, 2020 5:12 PM MST

Rigging a party debate <> rigging an election.

Please cease with the concern trolling.
      February 1, 2020 4:31 PM MST

That is not all they are up to. There is talk of bringing back super delegates on the FIRST vote. They added new people to the rules committee as well. 

We will have to wait and see if they give Biden or Bloomberg question ahead of time.
      February 1, 2020 5:01 PM MST

I sorta like Bloomberg-------- he is rich and successful JUST LIKE TRUMP. 
      January 31, 2020 9:48 PM MST

Check policy positions. Those are what matter. 
      February 1, 2020 6:04 AM MST

I just read an opinion piece today saying that since Sanders' numbers are going up the DNC is likely to sabotage his campaign....they do not want him to be the party candidate because they believe he cannot beat President Trump.  I don't even remember where I read that.  Today has been a weird day in Thrifty's house.
      February 1, 2020 12:24 AM MST

I know Sander's campaign manager was upset (Bernt) about it. 
    I think it is to stop Bernie. 
      February 1, 2020 6:19 AM MST

Who???
    No witnesses
    no evidence
    no documents
    A sham corrupt trial
    corrupt are
    at least 50% of the Senate is corrupt.
    What a corrupt bunch 
    just supporting the Corrupt President
    so he can be USA Dictator...
    Moscow Mitch is chief corruptor 
    Trump tells his senators to support him
    or be destroyed...Where is the support of
    the Constitution? Nowhere to be found.
    only support of Trumps Monarch of corruption.

This post was edited by Baba at February 1, 2020 11:14 AM MST
      February 1, 2020 10:52 AM MST

Election.
    Not Impeachment process. Both sides rigged it.
    We had witnesses 13 of them. 28,000 documents. 
    Hearsay.
    No witnesses for defense.
    No cross examination. 

House will try again. Maybe they will learn.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2020 11:03 AM MST
      February 1, 2020 11:01 AM MST

Moscow Mitch 
    and his corrupt Senators
    wouldn't allow any witnesses
    in the trial...Totally corrupt
    Wouldn't allow the chief Justice
    to be part of the trial Totally corrupt
    No witnesses...What a sham and a totally 
    corrupt trial. Wake up. You support corruption
    Totally Sad
      February 1, 2020 11:20 AM MST

13 witnesses. No cross examination. 
    It is not the Senate's job to investigate. The House should have did their job. Enforced their supeanas. They withdrew their when a judge was going to rule. 

If a judicial court if the PA comes in and says we need more witnesses and have not been actively persueing those wotnesses they would likely be thrown out. There would be no hearsay, there would be cross examination, there would be defense lawyers in the court, there would be no lies or parodies allowed.....etc.  Jury would not consist of people attempting to take the defendant's job. 
    None of it is like a trial or unbiased investigation. 
    It is all a political game.
      February 1, 2020 11:33 AM MST

Just another out of touch Billionaire, who can buy his way in.  He has spent millions of his own money to F_up this system.  He has over a thousand (1,000) paid staffers double the the best of the other candidates.  He hates the non-coastal folks.

I am thinking od and old song right now, we won't get fooled again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfAdHBtK_Q
    This post was edited by Archerchef at February 2, 2020 8:31 AM MST
      February 2, 2020 8:29 AM MST

I think DNC is after Bernie again.
      February 2, 2020 8:31 AM MST

You have that right.  Nancy P tied up the Senators with her impeachment to get Bernie, and Warren out of the Iowa Caucuses just to aide Antique Joe Biden
      February 2, 2020 8:34 AM MST