Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Are you brand loyal when you shop or do you just stick to store brands and generics?

Are you brand loyal when you shop or do you just stick to store brands and generics?

Posted - February 2, 2020

Responses

I tend not to be ripped off by buying big brand name food products.... I find they contain the most chemicals are are far more processed than cheeper brands... 
     Hienz canned foods tastes disgusting now, they are rank with artificial sweeteners and God knows was what else...
    Most packets of big brand cereals are five times dearer than simular unknown brands...plus the unknown brands  have a fraction of the sugars in them ...
    These big brand names are poisoning our childred as most cereal are aimed at them..
      February 2, 2020 1:08 PM MST

• If I find a brand name I like, I buy it on sale or with a coupon.  I don't just buy generics because they're cheaper.  It's just the two of us, so I can spend a little more if it's something we prefer.
      February 2, 2020 2:03 PM MST

I'm only loyal to my ketchup and ice cream brands. The rest of my purchases is done by best value. Made in BC is sometimes a factor I'll pay a few cents more to support a BC  business. Cheers!
      February 2, 2020 2:28 PM MST

It depends on the item.  I will buy only Helmans mayonnaise, Dove soap, Neutrogena facial products and name-brand cold cereals.  There are likely some others, but I can't think of them right now.  I am not averse to buying store brands on some items.  Target's paper towels that compare with Bounty are fine as are their tissues.  
      February 3, 2020 9:30 AM MST

Depends on the product and the value. 
    Miracle Whip is a must. 
    Poptarts....generic is better. 

I will try a cheaper brand and see if it is as good or better. 

I only buy Frenchs mustard and Ketchup because they are made in my state. 
      February 3, 2020 9:49 AM MST