Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » How much British influence does this site have?

How much British influence does this site have?

Posted - February 2, 2020

Responses

Born and bred in London ...east and then north London.  ,now in happy Hampstead and also up near Cambridge...
    Labour is now nieigh on communist....they are all pathetic thieves The half wit Blair is now a multi multi millionaire with so much blood on his hands over who he's slaughtered in the Middle East...
    The upper echelons of higher educated twerps sent to our most famous private schools have to be the biggest baffoons born to the human race...  Just to hear them speak is far more amusing then any comedian ever born..
    I listened to Trump last night give his speach on getting off of his impeachment thing....I was so embarrassed with how he spoke that I just had to turn it off...and this is a world leader speaking..
    May be the EU could have been a good thing apart from the stupid things countless thousands of the halfwitthed officials milking the sust em dry...stupid laws drawn up by even stupider parastiitic people  
      February 7, 2020 5:04 AM MST

• Personally I’m devastated and appalled by the / our departure from the EU, but we can’t escape how divisive that’s been so I’m not going to get into that. But I agree with everything you said.

(I lived in Hackney for many years, what part of the East End are you from?)

February 7, 2020 5:15 AM MST

Hackney ,quite near to Victoria Park...I live in Hampstaed Garden Suburbs now and also up hear Cambridge... 
    Where in Hackney did you live ? 
    Do you know Tommy Walsh, the Ground Force Tv builder guy ?
      February 7, 2020 5:22 AM MST

• We lived in Homerton, Victoria Park was both highly dangerous and very peaceful wasn’t it? 

Never came across the tv guy, well I might have sat on him accidentally on the bus. 

Hampstead and Cambridge, very nice indeed :)

February 7, 2020 5:25 AM MST

I know Homerton very well....ill be going there next week sometime....I take it you don't live there anymore.....
    Did you ever eat pie and mash...We use to go to Kellies in Bethnal Green rd....the one near Valance Rd.. I still pop in there now when ever I can...Mark the guys son still recognizes me....lol
      February 7, 2020 5:32 AM MST

• I lurved the pie and mash shops, they had such beautiful tiles on the walls didnt they? There was one on Well Street, just down the road. I loved it down there. Had fun on Hackney marshes too. You got me all nostalgic now :)

Say hi to Hackney from me.
      February 7, 2020 5:37 AM MST

Tommy lives a stones throw from the Victoria park roundabout....oppersite the pottery place 
      February 7, 2020 5:37 AM MST

• Who’s that gardening guy, the one off the telly, lives in Dalston. I used to see him from the number 38 bus.
      February 7, 2020 5:38 AM MST

• oh that’s another thing Bumface Boris has to answer for, the loss of those beautiful Routemasters! what a shister.
      February 7, 2020 5:42 AM MST

Tommy Walsh and he had a smaller guy with him that did the gardens with the women with big threepennies bits...
    The garden guy was Alan Titmarsh and the women was Charlie Dimmock...
    Tommy Walsh daughter had her throat slashed by another girl in a night club...that was a few years ago now....
      February 7, 2020 6:35 AM MST

• Really? That’s terrible. I don’t want to sound crass but there wasn’t so much overt knife crime when we were there. Granted, my other half was at a rave and someone got stabbed. That must have been some bad Ecstasy. I had a few guns pulled on me but luckily nothing came of it.

You be safe on that visit of yours, ok? 
      February 7, 2020 6:49 AM MST

You were an ex ABer to I believe....did we use to talk back then ? 
      February 7, 2020 5:23 AM MST

• Not an ex ABer, was here a few years ago. Thought I’d dip my toe back in for a while. 
      February 7, 2020 5:27 AM MST

Did we ever chat back then ? 
      February 7, 2020 5:33 AM MST

Yes. 

~
      February 3, 2020 8:35 PM MST

• Not enough. It’s alright, I can change that.
      February 6, 2020 12:42 PM MST

• My grandparents were from Manchester, England. and my Mom was born in Toronto!  I have both covered.  :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2020 3:23 PM MST
      February 6, 2020 2:12 PM MST

• Can I ask, referring to an earlier discussion, do the Canadians feel an affinity with British Land? I‘ve just never thought they were.
      February 6, 2020 11:13 PM MST

• I really can't speak for them since I'm American.  But, I always thought Canadians were kind of partial to Brits.  Many British folks immigrate first to Canada .. that must say something.  :)

February 7, 2020 4:33 AM MST

• True. My mother’s cousins did many decades ago. But all the ranching and kayaking they get up too... can’t really do that ‘round here. 

Maybe I should ’do’ a Meghan and Harry and hide in Canada, must be better than here right now.

Thank you for replying :)

February 7, 2020 5:18 AM MST

• You're welcome!   Yes, Harry and Meghan seem to be enjoying their escape!  
      February 7, 2020 8:12 AM MST

• Bloody buggery bollocks!  I havent the foggiest notion. 
      February 6, 2020 10:57 PM MST

• What? :)
      February 6, 2020 11:04 PM MST