Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you have a home in this world ?

Do you have a home in this world ?

A home means somewhere you belongs to - a partner, a community, etc 

Im kinda sad because i dont really have a home to myself. I dont have anyone pretty much. 

Posted - February 16, 2020

Responses

I have a home that I still owe $40K on.  
      February 16, 2020 5:01 PM MST

plus yearly taxes and electricity bills 
      February 16, 2020 5:02 PM MST

I once worked as a maintenance worker for a teenage girl who inherited something like 80 houses and apartment buildings. Her parents died in a tragic boating accident. Eventually, she sold everything except the new home on Lake Erie. 
      February 16, 2020 6:33 PM MST

Yep, I have a home -
    a place where I've lived for the last 18 years, and a hubby who has been my partner (on & off) for 35 years.

In my youth, I left home at 18, worked at part-time unskilled jobs while studying and rented very cheap digs. Sometimes it was a room in a share house with other young people, or sometimes caretaking. For two years, I rented a bit of space in a warehouse, converted it into a sculpture studio and a small living space.

If I remember from previous posts, I get the impression that you are a young man still living at home. 
    In America 2006, 29.0% of young adults aged 18 to 34 still lived in their parents' home. In 2017, this share increased to 34.6%. The rate is similar in Australia and Canada.

It tends to create frustration for both parents and young adults. The main problem seems to be due to wages not keeping pace with inflation, and the cost of housing outstripping affordability.

It seems to take much longer these days to get to independence, but I'm sure that if you have a plan and follow it, you'll achieve your goals eventually.
      February 16, 2020 7:20 PM MST