Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is your favorite time of day?

What is your favorite time of day?

I've always been quite a night owl myself. Late night is when I can finally enjoy a couple hours of quiet. 

Posted - February 27, 2020

Responses

About that time.
      February 27, 2020 7:38 AM MST

Always morning. 5 o'clock on a summer morning is a good time to take a stroll and listen to da boids beginning to whistle and chirp. There must be a reason that God, (or the Great Spaghetti Monster) designed morning to fade away the darkness of night. 
      February 27, 2020 7:50 AM MST

• I used to run in the mornings but that's a habit I've let slide and am trying to work my way back to.  It took discipline to get myself up early enough to do it but once there I did enjoy the peace and seeing the sun come up. 
      February 27, 2020 10:40 AM MST

I am an early bird. Always have been since a kid. I enjoy getting up to quiet house. And just sit and relax. Maybe a little news and the Mug. Before all the noise and business of the day begins. 
      February 27, 2020 7:51 AM MST

• I find the mornings too hectic.  To get any peace before the day starts I'd have to get up around 4 a.m. lol. Instead I find that I sacrifice the sleep for it on the tail end instead. 
      February 27, 2020 10:39 AM MST

I am up at 5.  My son is up but not loud and down stairs getting ready for school. 
      February 27, 2020 10:52 AM MST

• *sighs*  Mine on average are usually up right around 6 and on the loudest of rampages.  I'm up early enough to get myself showered and ready with a bit of quiet but getting ready doesn't completely equate to relaxation. My time usually starts around 10 pm. 
      February 27, 2020 11:01 AM MST

I prefer the after midnight hours.  
      February 27, 2020 10:03 AM MST

Is that when you let it all hang out?
      February 27, 2020 10:35 AM MST

You have the wrong impression of me. :)  I like that time because it's quiet in the apartment building and outside.  
      February 27, 2020 1:20 PM MST

• Doing that chugalug and shout?
      February 27, 2020 10:38 AM MST

What are you talking about?
      February 27, 2020 1:13 PM MST

This should explain his and my comments.

February 27, 2020 1:28 PM MST

• I would have kept this up until we had finished the entire song. 
      February 27, 2020 3:09 PM MST

Go to bed time.
      February 27, 2020 10:35 AM MST

• I seem to only enjoy laying in bed at that point in time that is about 5 minutes before the alarm is going to go off. 
      February 27, 2020 10:42 AM MST

I , too, am a nocturnal creature.  If I don't fight it I will be on an opposite schedule from other humans.  
      February 27, 2020 6:39 PM MST

• For me the key to the day lies in the softly waking rays of morning sun.  When the sky opens with sleepy eyes and the birds begin to sing, this is my hour to breathe in deeply the air I will need to carry me throughout the day.  The verdant earth still wet with the dewy kiss of night shimmers and glistens.  These are the all too fleeting moments I reach for to greet the light that will guide my feet down paths still unforeseen.  On the gentle blowing breeze of the new day I speak to The Lord and he listens with open heart.  He in turn whispers back and my soul moves to the music of Heaven.  I am comforted and reminded of all the possibility and promise of each new moment when my gaze falls upon the first smile I see of my loved one.  His kiss brings me to life.  And I cry.  With a pleasant ease I become lost in these precious times and I am far too long lingered over chocolate milk and bacon for which I am truly thankful.  And I laugh.  One step becomes two.  Two steps become three.  And I am ready.  The day awaits and I am running after it with zeal and fervor and with this key, the morning that has renewed me, I will turn locks and open doors seizing and laying claim to every blessing that lies ahead.  This is my favorite time.  This is...my morning.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 27, 2020 6:52 PM MST
      February 27, 2020 6:48 PM MST

Afternoon and evening. I am NOT a morning person, if I need to be anywhere early and somebody wishes me a cheery "good morning!", they'll be met a surly growl, "what's good about it?"
    Don't even ATTEMPT to talk to me before my second cup of coffee - so strong it's suitable for mending roads.
      February 27, 2020 6:51 PM MST