Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Did you know you can get fined more for going to slow on roads in America then for going to fast...?

Did you know you can get fined more for going to slow on roads in America then for going to fast...?

This is for driving down normal roads and not your high speed motorways 

Posted - March 1, 2020

Responses

I see we are back and bored again....I hope you haven't stopped playing yore favorite game of "Chicken"     Hehe. 
      March 2, 2020 2:09 PM MST

I was coming home one night and got to my rural county road. Suddenly, very bright lights came up fast behind me. I was literally blinded and slowed down so the bright lights would pass me and I would be able to see again. But it was a sheriff!  So he pulls me over and puts all his spotlights on me and I am getting angry. So I roll my window down and toss a coat over my drivers' side mirror to help block the searing light. The deputy said he was looking for drunk drivers. I told him I was now blinded by his damn lights! I told him there was no minimum speed on county roads. After our conversation, he warned me that I should not drive so slow! 
      March 2, 2020 7:34 AM MST

We have them in England to...they play at being God and should not be employed as police....most likely he was abused at school..
      March 2, 2020 2:30 PM MST

Abused at school! Ha-ha!  Another brick in the wall! 
      March 2, 2020 9:52 PM MST

I'm sure that varies by state. I have had to drive slowly on county roads when I am looking for a specific address. The first time I visited my daughter in her new house I had to do 35 on a 50 road in order to find it.
      March 2, 2020 11:08 AM MST

That doesn't sound so bad to me....our house in the country is on a windy lane....it's 60 mph ..how people driving slow because you can't see around bends are not rammed I just can't say.....go around any bend and you can run into a person on a bike, horse and rider or even someone broken down...again......what if you are strange to an area and looking for a place to turn into...
    Dont people have common sense anymore......I often drive down the road and I'm confronted  by  a sixty foot long Artic lorry.....in the summer it huge tractors or combine harvesters that take up both lanes to get to where they are going...
      March 2, 2020 2:25 PM MST

then than for driving too fast.

But hey, at least we drive on the correct side of the road and don't have weird cars with the steering wheel on the right.
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at March 3, 2020 12:36 AM MST
      March 2, 2020 5:46 PM MST

STOP CORRECTING HER...IT IS FUTILE.
      March 2, 2020 6:18 PM MST

You tell him Papa..:) 
      March 3, 2020 12:42 AM MST

Haven't you learned yet that left is right...Plus who invented the Rolls Royce ....and are you forgetting you have more deaths on your roads then we do over here where we drive on the proper side...
    When will you people learn....the Juggs is never wrong... 
    If you need conformation...ask my parents...   :(     Grrrrrrrr
      March 3, 2020 12:41 AM MST

We have 323 million people in the US, which dwarfs England, so of course we have more traffic and more deaths.
      March 3, 2020 8:25 AM MST

Please stop nit picking.....it doesn't be'come you and don't start splitting hairs either...:)D 
      March 3, 2020 2:50 PM MST

If you prefer, I can pick hairs and split nits! LOL.
      March 3, 2020 4:21 PM MST

That is far more exceptable to me.....:) 
      March 3, 2020 5:20 PM MST

that’s because you are supposed to keep with the flow of traffic, and not doing so can create dangerous driving situations just as speeding can This post was edited by amber at March 3, 2020 9:17 AM MST
      March 2, 2020 10:26 PM MST