Discussion » Questions » Environment » How can i get my neighbor to stop harrassing me?

How can i get my neighbor to stop harrassing me?

I have this neighbor thats been there almost a yr, shes right next door to me, i think she has mental issues, she cant stand slamming doors and will call the police if she hears it and blame it on me and my other neighbor when we're not even doing it, she'll freak out in her apt screaming cusses and out of her apt, she has screamed at me and my other neighbor too, im tired of having to explain to the police im not doing it, ive reported her to management and i left them a note about it today since theyre not here till monday, plus its better in writing cause they can keep it on file that way, today she was standing outside my apt and took a picture of me without asking me, she did the same thing outside when i was throwing out trash, ive reported her for that, im fed up with her and thinking of moving, any suggestions? any ways to get her out of here?

Posted - March 7, 2020

Responses

That’s easy, just put a spell on her. Follow these instructions carefully:

Get a hand-made ceramic bowl that has no designs on it, put two tablespoons of Vegemite, a dollop of mayonnaise, and a slice of avocado in it, then get a lock of her hair, preferably from her bangs if she has them.  Bury them behind the dumpster for one week and each morning say, “Haba laba luba” facing the direction of her front door. Then, dig up the ceramic bowl, scrape the ants off of it, go to the parking lot and select six oval pebbles, but make sure there’s no motor oil on them. Figure out true North on a compass, and wait until the next quarter moon on a night that falls on a date that is on the odd number of the month.  At exactly 11:11 pm, make a circle on the ground with the pebbles, balance the ceramic bowl on top of them, and . . . listen, it gets kind of complicated after that part, so I’ll send you the rest in a PM.

~
      March 7, 2020 6:38 PM MST

Oval driveway pebbles? Here we use limestone gravel.
      March 7, 2020 6:50 PM MST

And you wonder why the spells never work. (Rank amateur.)

~
      March 7, 2020 8:08 PM MST

Wait...I have river stones around my pool.
      March 8, 2020 11:25 AM MDT

It has to be a parking lot. Have you noticed that none of your spells have ever worked, Professor?
    ~
      March 8, 2020 11:40 AM MDT

Crap in a paper bag, place it in front of her door and knock on it and quickly disappear. Do this every time you take a crap. Then do what Randy said.
      March 7, 2020 6:50 PM MST

Since you lack the resources to take legal action, and lack the courage to shut her down face to face, and are apparently so lacking in support that you have to come here for advice from total strangers on the internet, time to fold up the tent and move out. That is what’s left. 

Stop being a doormat, Pearl. Take charge of your situation instead of hoping someone will pop up and do it for you. 

March 7, 2020 8:55 PM MST

I bet she’ll say that she cannot move out nor move along.

~
      March 7, 2020 9:02 PM MST

Wouldn’t surprise me.
    I’m wondering if the management there sees any difference at all between these ever-bickering tenants.    

March 7, 2020 9:10 PM MST

You have complained about this neighbor for a long time.  Just move and be done with it already.
      March 7, 2020 9:26 PM MST

Why don't you just start harassing them? 
      March 8, 2020 1:54 AM MST

Hi Pearl,

Your questions are really kind of hard to answer so I'm once again deleting my original reply and trying to write something better but I'm probably going to fail at it anyway.

You're really stuck in life so somehow someway you're going to have to figure out how to get unstuck.

First of all, do you have a driver's license?  If not you should really learn how to drive.  It'll make your life a lot easier because you can go more places and you'll have more jobs available to you.  You can start studying here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR2337.pdf

I think you said once that you didn't have a driver license or a car but if that wasn't you and I was thinking about someone else, sorry about that.

I remember you also said that you got fired from your last six jobs and if that were me I probably wouldn't have enough confidence to even try so I don't think you would either so you're going to have to find a way around it.  You said once that you were going to school but you quit because you couldn't handle the construction noise from the new convention center.  I looked it up, they finished it 2½ years ago so if I were in your place I'd go back to school and pick up where you left off so you can learn a new professional skill.  If your place is too noisy you can go the library to study.  If you have a professional skill you'll have a lot more jobs open up to you.

Since you're unemployed you should spend at least some of that time thinking up some ways to make some extra money on the side and keep thinking about it until you come up with something.  Since I'm a stay-at-home mom I've started day trading and I make extra money that way.  I came up with that idea because I had an article in my recommendations which was a list of things millennials don't do so I absolutely had to do everything I could possibly do that was on that list and one of those things was investing so that's how I got the idea to start.  I'm sure you can come up with some ideas like that also.

After you do you can to move to a nicer place which you really should do because your neighbor's not going anywhere and there's not anything you can do to make her.
      March 8, 2020 4:59 AM MDT

ive thought of moving back to where i used to live, was happier there and had more friends to hang out with
      March 8, 2020 8:44 AM MDT

Then what is stopping you?  Just do it.
      March 8, 2020 9:40 PM MDT

It's going to be difficult for your Landlord to move someone with mental health issues, because allowances are meant to be made for them, and it could take a while before things change as the person has to be co-operative with intervention or medication. Maybe make a goal for yourself, you could wait and see what your Landlord's response is, and in the meantime make plans to find out about empty properties in the area you want to move back to. As soon as you make these types of decisions it will make tolerating the situation easier as you know you have a choice and that there is a way out of it. Besides it's always better to live in an area where you have friends as they make the difficulties in life easier to bear. 
      March 9, 2020 7:27 PM MDT