Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Traditions » Daylight Saving Time took place where I live last night, and of course I forgot to change the clocks. (Continued below . . . )

Daylight Saving Time took place where I live last night, and of course I forgot to change the clocks. (Continued below . . . )

Did any of you forget it also?

In our household, it’s my job to change the clocks. Even though I was aware of it from as late as a week ago, I hadn’t thought about it for the past couple of days. Last night, I wasn’t watching any news programs, where they usually broadcast reminders about it. Sure even, I woke up an hour late this morning, and I didn’t even figure it out right away. I kept wondering why everyone else was all screwed up.  What a way to start out the week.  Grrrrrrr. 

P.S. It’s Daylight Saving Time, no s on the end of the second word. 

~

Posted - March 8, 2020

Responses

I remembered as I had to get up at 0530 for a job.
      March 8, 2020 12:28 PM MDT

But you’re retired. 

March 9, 2020 7:31 PM MDT

My wife and I clean a tennis and fitness club six days out of fourteen. Less than three hours per job...$1,100 a month. Getting up early is easy. I had lots of practice in the Navy.
      March 9, 2020 7:35 PM MDT

As a retiree, the time a clock displays is more just a reference point for me relative to something else---but generally I do prefer to be in sync with the rest of the population in my locality.

Much of the electronics in my house automatically update.  When I got up this morning and looked at the digital clock display on the oven, I asked my wife if she had reset the clocks.  

She said that she set the clocks on the oven and microwave---and that's the only two we have to change manually. 
      March 8, 2020 12:40 PM MDT

Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time.  (Internet)

But I too lament the decreasing precision creeping into our language.
      March 8, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

Well, if it’s on the internet, it MUST be true, right?
    ~
      March 8, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

Well that's what President Lincoln said, didn't he?
      March 8, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

I believe it was in the year 1492 just after he and his assistant, Alexander (Al) Graham Jobs-Gore, invented the internet prior to informing the world that climate change was causing icebergs to slip through the ozone layer and clutter outer space with orbiting chunks of hanging chads that inspired Britney Spears to do it again and helped Baby Shark to go triple-platinum in time for the Japanese Harbor to be lined with seven pearls every December 37th on non-Leap Years that follow age-defying women’s suffrage or the proliferation of glitter make-up that can only be swallowed along with Tide-Pods washed down with Sunny Delight for vegans who rescue albino polar bears from sinking into the island-sized floating ball of discarded belly-button lint that erupts from inactive volcanoes in the parking lots of defunct shopping malls that in turn have become obsolete in the age of the expired Mayan Save-the-Date Calendar app that hackers use to send Nigerian millionaires’ life savings from Swiss Banks to the West Bank Wing of the Missing Elvis Exhibit at Dollyworld, am amusement park in Old Delhi where singers spontaneously break out in bouts of sedentary lapses of inaction in coma-like suspension for weeks at a time until revived by the Wrath of Grapes, a trilogy in two parts that excels the adventures of Vegemite-Infected non-Australians who were banished from Botany Bay Rum Incorporated, an elixir company that folded after the Stocking Market Crash of 1999 when computers worldwide reset themselves to flash nothing but “12:00:00:00 pm” nonstop.  Or maybe I dreamed all of that. 

~

March 8, 2020 2:51 PM MDT

Alexander (Al) Graham Jobs-Gore,---yes, I'd forgotten his name.  (I literally laughed out loud at that one.)

Brilliant post.
      March 8, 2020 3:13 PM MDT

Thank you. I’ll have to go back and edit the numerous typos, but not now. I need rest and I have not had my Grey Poupon yet, nor have I received my $1m check from Refurbishers’ Clearinghouse that was promised to me by Ed MacMahon.
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at March 9, 2020 5:36 AM MDT
      March 8, 2020 3:17 PM MDT

Have had or have not had?
      March 8, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

Easy for you to say. Also...am amusement park...an amusement park.
      March 8, 2020 5:17 PM MDT

I don't have to worry about forgetting anymore as I went solar.  Any savings/loses are automatically credited to/deducted from my account at the end of each month.  Why I saved so much last month that I was credited with an entire day!  
      March 8, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

• I did remember last night and changed the clock radio in my room and the clock on the stove. I'm just glad clocks on phones and computers change automatically. 
      March 8, 2020 5:05 PM MDT

I think I heard Einstein forgot to change his clock once and was a mile late for work.
      March 8, 2020 5:20 PM MDT

I did not even know. I noticed about 11:00 that the clock on my cable box and my stove were off an hour.  But was busy and really did not think much more about it. At 1:15, we headed to the theater to take the grandkids to see "Onward". Upon getting in I noticed the van radio was also off by an hour. At which time I decided it must have been DST.   I am glad we did not purchase tickets ahead of time.
      March 8, 2020 6:36 PM MDT

I wrote a reminder on a Post-It and stuck it on the bathroom mirror, so I remembered.
      March 8, 2020 9:53 PM MDT

But did you stick one on my bedroom mirror, that’s the important part. Don’t worry about being a strange woman entering my bedroom; you’re clever and can come up with a great way to explain it to my wife. 

~
      March 9, 2020 12:35 AM MDT

LOL
      March 9, 2020 8:08 AM MDT

My mobile phone does that automatically, and that's the only alarm clock I own.
      March 10, 2020 12:21 AM MDT