Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever gnashed your teeth and rended cloth?

Have you ever gnashed your teeth and rended cloth?

Posted - March 8, 2020

Responses

No, but beef ribs have come to fear me.
      March 8, 2020 1:02 PM MDT

Why yes I did.. just this morning in fact.  While I was putting in my dentures, they somehow got caught on the sleeve of my bathrobe. As I was trying to get them detached they tore a small hole in the sleeve then fell smack into the garbage disposal.  All I could say was, dadgumit!
      March 8, 2020 2:17 PM MDT

The former, yes, many times during my life. The latter, no, not yet, but it remains a long-held fantasy for me . . .

~
      March 8, 2020 4:26 PM MDT

My first wife used to do that to me...except it was my skin.
      March 8, 2020 5:26 PM MDT

Was that a good thing or a bad thing?
    ~
      March 8, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

Uh...she's an ex. Duh.
      March 8, 2020 7:56 PM MDT

What stops you from fulfilling it?
      March 8, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

Thank you for asking; good question.

In all actuality, the graphic I posted doesn’t truly depict how the fantasy plays out in my mind. Due to the restraints of the Terms of Use, I had to show it as me ripping my own shirt off, in the fantasy, however, which is “sensual” in nature, I rip the blouse or dress off of the woman as we throw ourselves into the throes of lust. It’s completely consensual on her part as it is a mutually shared act. As a side note, in my single days, I once brought this up to a woman I was dating when we were at the stage of sharing each other’s fantasies. Hers was the standard walk hand-in-hand on a moonlit beach, twenty barefoot toes with warm sand squishing between them with every step, romantic and subtle. I believe I had to struggle to keep the bile from gorging forth from deep in my abdomen and spewing in projectile fashion all over her. The queasiness subsided quickly as she reflected on her Romeo and Juliet vision and asked me to recount my own. When I delivered my bodice-ripping scenario, she was just as appalled as I had been with hers. Her immediate retort was, “You tear the buttons off of a good blouse of mine and you’re going to replace it by buying me a new one!”  Talk about taking the wind out of a guy’s sails. It told me to keep that particular desire in the holster even in subsequent relationships and entanglements; it appears the average woman may not share its testosterone-driven umph.  As such, posting an image like that here might get me in hot water for it’s supposed or real aggressiveness, and I erred on the side of caution. 

~

March 8, 2020 6:35 PM MDT

How dare her...ungrateful wench.
      March 8, 2020 7:58 PM MDT

I know, right?  She may be directly responsible for any stunting of my sexual/sensual growth capacity. I should see a trained professional about this, don’t you think?
       (((((This is the part where I get to explore the vast caverns of my carnal core and reveal them to a willing woman who will then work with me to analyze not only the true origins and meanings behind them, but I’m also sure I can lure her into my carefully-weaved web while I’m at it. Don’t wait up.))))))

~
      March 8, 2020 10:24 PM MDT

I'm not sure what gnashing teeth means but I have been at that horrible emotional place where I tore at my clothes.  I wasn't aware of doing it at the moment though.
      March 8, 2020 5:34 PM MDT

Grinding your teeth in anger. Usually with a grimace and a grrr.
      March 8, 2020 5:41 PM MDT

In addition to Element’s explanation of what gnashing means, there is also a Biblical significance to gnashing of teeth and rendering of cloth.
      March 8, 2020 10:29 PM MDT

Never deliberately, though I've managed both simultaneously when I've occasionally fallen from a horse,
    and once when I took a somersault with a ride-on mower.

My husband tore his shirt collar as an 11-year-old boy when his father died - part of the Jewish tradition when a close loved one dies.

March 8, 2020 5:50 PM MDT

Gnashing teeth in pain while tearing a towel into strips to fashion a makeshift bandage, yes.
      March 8, 2020 10:47 PM MDT