Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » When you're single for ages, you start to lose your potential ?

When you're single for ages, you start to lose your potential ?

Like you have this potential of love, to have a relationship with someone , the passion etc

but when you're single for ages and you never get anyone to do it , you start to lose your value and passion and like 

if it never happens then its just crap.

Posted - March 14, 2020

Responses

I don’t think you lose your potential to meet someone, I think you just get set in your ways and it gets harder to find a way to fit someone into your lifestyle. Then you meet someone who seems like a fit... then they turn out to be a scumbag... so you decide to buy lots of cats And become a crazy cat lady. 
      March 14, 2020 5:12 PM MDT

Your like the Yankee girl I always liked to have .
      March 14, 2020 7:41 PM MDT

(Your You’re)
      March 14, 2020 7:43 PM MDT

Okay thanks, I do tend to attract the sane ones, so this makes sense.

This post was edited by Jaimie at March 14, 2020 9:54 PM MDT
      March 14, 2020 8:03 PM MDT

Your smart, blond, pretty and very sociable. You could really fill in my gaps. Can we arrange on here? This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 14, 2020 8:59 PM MDT
      March 14, 2020 8:59 PM MDT

(Your You’re)
      March 14, 2020 9:51 PM MDT

I admit. I'm so admittedly like that. I think I want to be like that. I've seen too many delinquent things and sayings about the potential downfall of relationships and it runs in my family. I don't care. You can't miss what you never had and besides a Chinese lady said Oh_____, you don't need no girlfriend. You got your marijuana. Another said don't get involved from a young age. And then I haven't grown up in glamor at all but reality. So! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 14, 2020 5:59 PM MDT
      March 14, 2020 5:14 PM MDT

Your Truest potential, is within you... and 
    readily available for you to enjoy.
    Enjoy yourself. haha...not play with yourself
    but in a spiritual sense ...you have everything
    already to make yourself extremely happy.
    You have a vast depth of knowledge
    within yourself.
         Relationship is good,
    when two can become one 
    in love, it is something special.
    Many times we build so many walls
    that we never realize that
    we are already complete,
    and the two do not become one.

March 14, 2020 5:59 PM MDT

If you work on fulfilling your own potential first,
    then the potential for partnership will expand and forming a relationship with a beloved will become much easier.

There's a bit of a long story Eric Ericson told about one of his clients, a young man who was a virgin and who lacked confidence in forming relationships.
    Ericson first got the young man to volunteer as a helper for an old woman, doing her gardening and shopping, and spending a bit of time chatting each week over a cup of tea. The goal was to see a woman as just another human being, to relax in conversation, and to focus more on her needs than his own.
    He got the young man to do night school, gain job skills and get a good job (while continuing with the old woman.)
    Then to learn a musical instrument, guitar, so he would have an interest that increased his social attractiveness.
    Not long after that, the young man met a girl he fancied, became friends with her, and later became her boyfriend.
      March 15, 2020 1:07 AM MDT

The drive to get married and have children does start to die off as you near the 30's for men who have not done so previously..  The old saying is you need to strike the Iron when it is hot.. Mens Iron is hot when they are 24- 28...  And they are most hot for woman from 18 to 22..
      March 15, 2020 4:34 AM MDT

The saying is, "strike while the iron is hot" not strike the iron while it's hot.  
      March 15, 2020 2:32 PM MDT

Close enough.. I will not be losing sleep tonight over it..
      March 21, 2020 5:47 AM MDT

Nor will I. :)
      March 21, 2020 10:17 AM MDT