Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » what else is closed cause of the corona virus

what else is closed cause of the corona virus

where i live a lot has closed down, i heard the schools were closed, people in assisted living or nursing homes cant go in and out, in my apt building we're not allowed to hang downstairs to watch tv or use the exit doors which is a pain when you have a heavy garbage bag to take out and have to walk around the building with it, i cant go to the senior center for lunch either, cause theyre closed too,i heard government offices are closed so if im on ssi will i still get my money next month? same with foodstamps and medicaid, or does that stop me from getting it. anything else closing down, and is my apt building going to make me stay home all the time? even if im not sick? 

Posted - March 15, 2020

Responses

Depends on where you live and how many cases have been confirmed there. 

Nothing is shut down in my town.

SSI and food stamps etc are all computerized so deposits will be on time. This post was edited by my2cents at March 15, 2020 10:07 PM MDT
      March 15, 2020 2:46 PM MDT

It's an epidemic and you are going to be inconvenienced.  Remain calm and stay inside your own home as much as possible.  Disinfect everything in there.  
      March 15, 2020 2:56 PM MDT

Whatever information anyone posts in response to your question will more than likely be out-of-date by the time you read it. This situation is changing rapidly.  Watch your local news to find out what is happening in your area. I very much doubt that your apartment building has the authority to make you stay home.  You need to make a choice about your own vulnerability and your responsibility in not helping spread the virus further.
      March 15, 2020 8:04 PM MDT

As long as the liquor store stays open, I don't give a crap.
      March 15, 2020 8:11 PM MDT

This had better be over by May. My daughter had tickets to Slipsnot and Metallica, the tour was cancelled when James Hetfield went into rehab. She now has tickets to the Rugby League State of Origin match scheduled for May - If that gets cancelled too, she'll be heartbroken.
      March 15, 2020 9:01 PM MDT

What?? You mean James Hetfield is still doing drugs after ALL these years of their existence? He must be be stupid bro! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 16, 2020 7:00 AM MDT
      March 16, 2020 4:25 AM MDT

If I win the lottery jackpot in the next few weeks I can't pick it up right away because their office is closed for picking up prizes but unfortunately I probably won't have to ever worry about that.   

On the bright side (for people who hate crowds, not for restaurant owners) there's a really good Chinese buffet by where I live and it's normally super-crowded but my husband and I went there last night at their busiest time and it was just us and one other family in the whole restaurant.
      March 15, 2020 10:07 PM MDT

movie theaters are closed.

March 20, 2020 8:53 PM MDT