Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Every single retail store my wife and I went into this weekend had shelves upon shelves devoid of merchandise due to epic hoarding by

Every single retail store my wife and I went into this weekend had shelves upon shelves devoid of merchandise due to epic hoarding by

shoppers in this era of Covid19 hysteria. It has been absolutely amazing to see the variety of things people cleared out of the stores: not just food and sustenance-related purchases, either. 

In your opinion, what are some items or products that ARE NOT in high demand or SHOULD NOT BE in high demand during a run on the stores such as this one is?

~

Posted - March 15, 2020

Responses

Humans are a selfish breed....more so those with deep pockets....They care only for themselves and not a jot for those far less fortunate then themselves....what they don't realize is that new virus's like this last one cares not who it can infect....
    Gone are days of help thigh neighbour.....It's more ,I'm all right Jack  and screw you... 
    :(
      March 15, 2020 5:43 PM MDT

So do you have an answer to the question that was asked?

March 15, 2020 5:57 PM MDT

Enemas 
    Sunglasses
    Bakery cakes
    Birthday candles
    Insecticides
    Light Bulbs
    Gift Cards

March 15, 2020 6:10 PM MDT

The light bulbs are all gone too. Great list otherwise. 
    ~
      March 15, 2020 6:21 PM MDT

People in England are just clearing stores shelves of any food and hygiene products that have unlimited shel lives...things liked dried pasta and rice and all canned goods...
    What was your question about ? 
      March 15, 2020 6:13 PM MDT

The local Walmart was fully stocked -------------------- with soft drinks. But no bottled water.
      March 15, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

Why the hell are people buying bottled water? Stupid.
      March 15, 2020 7:52 PM MDT

Some people do not drink tap water and having a two week supply of food and other supplies is exactly what we were advised to do. 
      March 15, 2020 10:25 PM MDT

TP is the pointless one. Covid19 does NOT cause uncontrollable diarrhoea.

I tried getting disinfectant surface spray last weekend (used the last of what we had when the grandchildren were staying and got gastro - it can be serious in toddlers, my granddaughter wound up in hospital overnight). Tried 5 stores. No good.
      March 15, 2020 9:25 PM MDT

I believe the supposed point in stocking up on toilet paper is due to concerns that if they have to “home-quarantine*” for a couple of weeks or more, they would be stuck at home and run out of essentials. 

*I think this is a newly-invented word, but I am not sure. 

~
      March 15, 2020 10:40 PM MDT

"Go to a liquor store, and buy cheap vodka."
    That's actually the advice one of the doctors in the hospital gave. LOL
      March 17, 2020 8:05 AM MDT

People were advised to stockpile two weeks worth of food and other essential supplies in case they got quarantined and couldn't leave their homes. What did the merchants think would happen? When people see empty shelves, it's human nature to over-react. We are now being reassured stores will be re-stocked and remain open. Things should calm down in few days and demand will return to normal.

March 15, 2020 10:23 PM MDT

I never actually made it into any of the stores - no parking spots, no shopping carts and everyone was walking out with their carts overflowing.  I decided if that was the case, I didn't want to be in any of those stores with so many people.  One woman in the parking lot said it was like Walmart on Black Friday in there.  Not for me.  I have food enough to wait until mid-week when stores will be restocked and less crowded.
      March 16, 2020 12:02 AM MDT

cosmetics
    shoe laces
    toenail clippers
    Bosco
    socks
    lint rollers
      March 16, 2020 12:34 PM MDT

Seems to be rotating through different areas of the store.
    First it was TP and paper towels and cleaning supplies.
    Then it was fresh produce.
    Yesterday, it was milk and dried goods.  (though there was plenty of "alternative" milk.  soy, almond, etc.  LOL)
      March 17, 2020 8:07 AM MDT