Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Who do you think would be at fault...?

Who do you think would be at fault...?

In some areas of the city there is street parking then a bicycle lane running between cars parking and the sidewalk.  People park then jump out of their cars to the sidewalk not noticing the bike lane. Suppose a cyclist hits a person crossing the bike lane; who do you think would be at fault? 
Today I saw a guy almost get hit except for good braking by the alert cyclist.

Posted - March 16, 2020

Responses

Local government should be prosecuted for every accident that occures ....it's 100% their stupid idiotic design and placement of them......
    Some of our main roads were two lanes each side of the roads....now our London buses stop in the middle of the road and people step of them onto a bike lane....it causes so many accidents ...The council road planners are the most stupid halfwitthed people ever... 
      March 16, 2020 5:54 PM MDT

If a cyclist hits a person they are at fault - regardless.  However, the person who stopped their car in a bike lane can be cited as well (obstruction).
      March 16, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

Right. I think there needs to be warning signs for cyclists to remind them to watch for persons may be in the bike lanes, might help. 
      March 16, 2020 6:22 PM MDT

Men are always at fault. Especially Jewish men. Just ask their wives.
      March 16, 2020 7:42 PM MDT

I hate bike lanes being part of the roads.  They are dangerous at best.  It would be better to separate them somehow from people and cars.  They do not travel in tandem with either.  
      March 16, 2020 8:44 PM MDT