Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you think that the easy and availability now of so many different kinds of music has made us less tolerant?

Do you think that the easy and availability now of so many different kinds of music has made us less tolerant?

I mean.. in the past we all only ever got to hear the stuff that was popular, maybe some older stuff that was still around.. and that was pretty much it.. Like when I was younger, (many, many years ago!) I had punk, new romance, pop, two-tone, these were all regularly in the charts and played on the radio, along with some 50's and 60's music. There were one or two American country artists known, but that was about it.  Now we have access to zillions of artists, groups, different genres .. and I wonder if we are, if anything, less tolerant of different kinds of music? 

What got me thinking was that someone in my house was playing a video game and it had music. My son commented on the terrible taste of music. I thought, hmm but someone must have thought it was great because they chose it...  I'd never heard of the music before.. 

Posted - April 4, 2020

Responses

What is the “easy” of music?
    ~
      April 4, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

I can't even guess for others.

Personally, I've always hated the pop that I occasionally overheard on people's radios, even as a child.

Would rather listen to the sounds of nature.

But I love most of the folk and classical musics of the world, and fusions of them. Ari and I listen to it on C.D.'s. Before this COVID isolation, we'd also love going out to listen to it live.

And we don't ming jamming, making our own music.
      April 4, 2020 2:59 PM MDT