Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » I your oppinion ,how fast do you think greased lightning travels at...:)

I your oppinion ,how fast do you think greased lightning travels at...:)

Posted - April 6, 2020

Responses

No, what I want to know is how that person got the job of catching in order to grease it.  (I see here on your resume that you used to grease pigs...)
      April 6, 2020 6:18 PM MDT

Yes,true......but in fact it was just oink'ment that I could get my hands on.... :) 
      April 6, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

The speed of light is like, uh, really fast. However, according to someone who might work at the CERN lab, it may be possible to exceed the speed of light as measured between some electrons that have switched polarity. Now if you wish to grease THOSE suckers, good luck. Maybe that's where the term 'Godspeed' comes from?
      April 6, 2020 6:58 PM MDT

Ordinary grease would slow a bolt of lightning down,  you need a better kind of lube.
      April 6, 2020 7:26 PM MDT

Unless there are herds of pig-like creatures hiding in the thicker clouds I doubt there ever was such a thing. Of course, if one was dislodged by a particularly near lightning strike, that could be the origin of the flying pig legend. But thanks for the question Jugs - keep them coming. I guess tomorrow's the day a pig lands on my lawn - and won't I look the foolish one then? 
      April 12, 2020 11:30 AM MDT