Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Given that the wise extremely stable genius is so brilliant did he ever once in his entire life wonder what his purpose in life is?

Given that the wise extremely stable genius is so brilliant did he ever once in his entire life wonder what his purpose in life is?

Did he and his equally brilliant friends talk of the soul or the spirit or the meaning of their existence? Did they ever posit their confusion about whether or not they will living up to their potentital? Did they search within to seek their truth and ever wonder once if they were on a righteous path or one leading to perdition?

Were they ever confused or uncertain? Did they ever doubt they were "up to the challenge" or if they were brave or trustworthy or would they cut and run to save themselves and let others fend for themselves?

Can you see them contemplating cogitating arguing advancing forth their ideas? Can you see them define refind comprehend grasp the vastness of the universe and wonder what is 'out there' to be discovered...possibly by them? Did any of them have a PASSION for learning?

How was your youth spent? In similar fashion or you have no idea what I'm talking about?

Posted - April 9, 2020

Responses

Well, see the error there is in calling Trump a genius, let alone a stable one. We know he refers to himself as one, but he isn't anywhere near. And we know that 'because' he doesn't do any of those things you mention.. pondering... comprehending.... 

As a child I would ponder the universe, and infinity. I don't think I fall into the category of genius though :P
      April 9, 2020 8:17 AM MDT

Never been tested Addb? I was tested in my early 20's and mine was 126. I think it may have increased a tad bit since then. Most people's IQ's do increase over time though not substantially or significantly. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 10, 2020 5:32 AM MDT

I don't think I am a genius! I am also of the school of thought that there are many forms of genius and IQ that aren't usually tested on traditional IQ tests.... so this is one of my 'principle' things :P
      April 10, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      April 11, 2020 4:17 AM MDT

I've pointed this out before, but it bears repeating.
    Genius is a Trumpian misspelling, right up there with covfefe and hamberders. He's a stable genus. A stable is precisely where you would expect to find a horse's a$$.
      April 10, 2020 5:42 AM MDT

I remember R. The mystery to me is the longevity of the stable boy. Does it mystify thee as well? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      April 11, 2020 4:18 AM MDT

This is worth a read---and it is a pretty accurate way to identify the geniuses I already know.

https://www.inc.com/business-insider/8-personality-traits-highly-intelligent-genius-people-share-according-to-science.html
      April 10, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

I clicked on to the link TWICE but was blocked. I have ADBLOCKER and apparently this source refuses to divulge any info to my ilk. Thank you for providing it anyway tom. I appreciate it. Happy Saturday! :)
      April 11, 2020 4:20 AM MDT

This may or may not work either.  The link I posted goes to a secure site.

Try this "tiny url"   https://tinyurl.com/rm3fqt4

This post was edited by tom jackson at April 13, 2020 1:24 AM MDT
      April 12, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

Thanks tom but I got blocked again. The message is turn off the adblocker. I won't do that. Boy you find extortion everywhere don't you? But I appreciate that you tried again. Happy Monday to you and yours! :)
      April 13, 2020 1:25 AM MDT

Over on Quora, more than 100 people have answered the question "What are the common traits of highly intelligent people?"

Some users claim to know from personal experience; others are just taking an educated guess.

As it turns out, many users gave answers that researchers would agree with.

We pulled eight of the most intriguing Quora responses and explained the science behind them -- and let's just say that we feel a lot smarter now.

Here's what we learned:

1. They're highly adaptable.
    Several Quora users noted that intelligent people are flexible and able to thrive in different settings. As Donna F Hammett writes, intelligent people adapt by "showing what can be done regardless of the complications or restrictions placed upon them."

Recent psychological research supports this idea. Intelligence depends on being able to change your own behaviors in order to cope more effectively with your environment, or make changes to the environment you're in.

2. They understand how much they don't know.
    The smartest folks are able to admit when they aren't familiar with a particular concept. As Jim Winer writes, intelligent people "are not afraid to say: 'I don't know.' If they don't know it, they can learn it."

Winer's observation is backed up by a classic study by Justin Kruger and David Dunning, which found that the less intelligent you are, the more you overestimate your cognitive abilities.

In one experiment, for example, students who'd scored in the lowest quartile on a test adapted from the LSAT overestimated the number of questions they'd gotten right by nearly 50 percent. Meanwhile, those who'd scored in the top quartile slightly underestimated how many questions they'd gotten right.

3. They have insatiable curiosity.
    Albert Einstein reportedly said, "I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious."

Or, as Keyzurbur Alas puts it, "Intelligent people let themselves become fascinated by things others take for granted."

Research published in 2016 suggests there's a link between childhood intelligence and openness to experience -- which encompasses intellectual curiosity -- in adulthood.

Scientists followed thousands of people born in the U.K. for 50 years and learned that 11-year-olds who'd scored higher on an IQ test turned out to be more open to experience at 50.

4. They're open-minded.
    Smart people don't close themselves off to new ideas or opportunities.Hammett writes that intelligent people are "willing to accept and consider other views with value and broad-mindedness," and that they are "open to alternative solutions."

Psychologists say that open-minded people -- those who seek out alternate viewpoints and weigh the evidence fairly -- tend to score higher on the SAT and on intelligence tests.

At the same time, smart people are careful about which ideas and perspectives they adopt.

"An intelligent mind has a strong aversion to accepting things on face value and therefore withholds belief until presented with ample evidence," says Alas.

5. They like their own company.
    Richard He points out that highly intelligent people tend to be "very individualistic."

Interestingly, recent research suggests smarter people tend to derive less satisfaction than most people do from socializing with friends.

6. They have high self-control.
    Zoher Ali writes smart people are able to overcome impulsiveness by "planning, clarifying goals, exploring alternative strategies, and considering consequences before [they] begin."

Scientists have found a link between self-control and intelligence. In one 2009 study, participants had to choose between two financial rewards: a smaller payout immediately or a larger payout at a later date.

Results showed that participants who chose the larger payout at a later date -- i.e., those who had more self-control -- generally scored higher on intelligence tests.

The researchers behind that study say one area of the brain -- the anterior prefrontal cortex -- might play a role in helping people solve tough problems and demonstrate self-control while working toward goals.

7. They're really funny.
    Advita Bihani points out highly intelligent people tend to have a great sense of humor.

Scientists agree. One study found people who wrote funnier cartoon captions scored higher on measures of verbal intelligence. Another study found professional comedians scored higher than average on measures of verbal intelligence.

8. They're sensitive to other people's experiences.
    Smart people can "almost feel what someone is thinking/feeling,"says He.

Some psychologists argue that empathy, being attuned to the needs and feelings of others and acting in a way that is sensitive to those needs, is a core component of emotional intelligence. Emotionally intelligent individuals are typically very interested in talking to new people and learning more about them.
      April 13, 2020 3:24 PM MDT

Wow! You certainly went above and beyond to give a comprehensive reply to my question. I appreciate that you invested so much time. Thank you very much tom! :)
      April 14, 2020 1:37 AM MDT

You're quite welcome---copy & paste is awesome. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 14, 2020 11:37 AM MDT
      April 14, 2020 11:28 AM MDT

I  didn't have enough info to answer those questions so  I  consulted my Magic 8 Ball and it said - Not Likley.  As far as the last question goes short answer is it was nothing like Trump's  and I'm proud  that it wasn't. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 10, 2020 12:10 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Saturday! Hope all is still okey dokey with you and your family!
      April 11, 2020 4:22 AM MDT

You should ask him.
      April 13, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

Ask a liar to tell the truth?
      April 13, 2020 3:30 PM MDT

PRECISELY! :):):)
      April 14, 2020 1:39 AM MDT

This is your SERIOUS reply to my question sb?
      April 14, 2020 1:38 AM MDT