Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » When you think about all the animals,birds,fish,mammals,encrustations,tress and plant life and humans man kills each year through wars ~

When you think about all the animals,birds,fish,mammals,encrustations,tress and plant life and humans man kills each year through wars ~

~ slaughterhouses etc ...Why are we complaining now when some minisqual virus is killing humans and now it's us that's on the receiving end....
Is it not nature just kicking back to make sure the planet stays in a kind of equilibrium  ....Humans think we are untouchable being at the top of the food chain and top preaditor, but clearly we are not....
There is nothing on this earth as powerful as Mother Nature :( 

Posted - April 9, 2020

Responses

I just think about all those missing spaces after the commas. 

:[
      April 9, 2020 10:23 PM MDT

It's good that yew are not bored and have something useful to think about to stop you getting depressed .....
    When I get bored ,I'm at my happiest too...:)D 
    We must be so alike...
      April 10, 2020 3:48 AM MDT

Yore rite :weir prakticly twynz .

April 10, 2020 3:56 AM MDT

I have my twins and they are nieigh on identical I'm told thank god.....  and im not even religious...  :) 
      April 10, 2020 4:00 AM MDT

Your boobs are horses?
      April 10, 2020 5:53 AM MDT

~
      April 10, 2020 6:39 AM MDT

Not quite , they are mostly just things I've been saddled with ..
      April 10, 2020 12:48 PM MDT

What are you doing with my avatar?
      April 10, 2020 1:11 PM MDT

Jealous. 

Reported. 
    ~
      April 11, 2020 12:34 AM MDT

It's estimated that more than a billion animals died in the Australian wildfires last summer. Mother Nature can be a b**ch to animals, too.
      April 10, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

Every time I read that it saddens me so much,is it nature or humans messing with nature as well...what will they say when plastic waste takes over and get fully established in our food chain..:( 
      April 10, 2020 1:09 PM MDT

I'm irked by the hypocrisy of meat-eaters who point fingers and blame other meat-eaters because they choose to eat a different species. 

Most Americans think nothing of eating cows and believe it strange that Hindus revere them. 

Raising animals for food and eating them makes people sick. Even those who don't eat them... that's what really isn't fair. 

April 10, 2020 9:20 AM MDT

I don't think fair comes into any conversation about our world...it seems more about money and power and jot caring who suffers including animals and other humans as long as the humans that are rich and powerful stay that way until they die.....only once dead do they then cease to care....
      April 10, 2020 1:18 PM MDT

True. 

I've known that justice and fairness don't prevail as long as I have memory, but it shall never cease to bother me. 
      April 10, 2020 9:31 PM MDT

It bothers me so much that those that make and enforce idiotic laws are the ones that break and abuse them the most..
    Laws are made for minows to obey and not for them that make them....
    Yesteryear in England ....High ranking Knobs could only be excecuted for treason...none were ever killed for any other reason....
    Only the poor and here were executed for the most trival pathetic reasons....they have no wealth or money ,so those in power just took thier lives ... This post was edited by Nice Jugs at April 12, 2020 9:23 AM MDT
      April 11, 2020 10:41 AM MDT

Don’t you think that some Hindu people who revere cows find it strange that others eat them?
    ~
      April 11, 2020 12:36 AM MDT

Strange, to say the least.  Many (perhaps most) are vegetarian, as their religion embraces the principle of Ahimsa, non-violence and respect for all living things. 

I'm just saying, if you eat animals, it's hypocritical to look down on or speak badly about another culture because they choose to eat a species that you don't choose to eat. Just my opinion. 

April 11, 2020 7:30 PM MDT

Often in criticism, only one perspective is presented, even if and when that exact same criticism might just as well be applied to the opposite side of the argument. 

~
      April 11, 2020 7:33 PM MDT

Okay..??

Here's another, more controversial, example:

Most people from Western cultures think that the practice of certain Asian cultures of eating dogs is outrageous and deplorable, but think nothing of eating animals such as pigs and cows. In my opinion, that's hypocritical. It's also why I stopped eating animals. 
      April 11, 2020 7:43 PM MDT

Thank you for that point. Do you think any of the people who used to eat dog meat stopped because they saw their outlook as being hypocritical?
    ~
      April 11, 2020 8:27 PM MDT

Do you think there are people who, when they eat meat, exclusively eat dog meat? I'm thinking no, but anything is possible. 

Do I think that anyone is every going to rethink their consumption of animals because of my beliefs or something that I say? No. Is it my job to point out the hypocrisy of others? No. Am I allowed to share my thoughts and opinions? Yes. Is it any of my business what others think of me and my opinions? No. Am I tired of asking and answering my own questions? Yes.

:) 

April 11, 2020 8:43 PM MDT

What I find deplorable is they boil and skin cats and dogs alive and also in public open markets where every one walking by can see including children and babies...when a human gets killed by any wild animal ,then everyone it seems goes on a killing spree to make sure they get the critter that committed such dreadful acts if savagery...
    No animals make weapons of mass destruction or biological weapons ....
    Most all kill to eat and survive...
    Its just humans that think and act as animals... 
      April 12, 2020 3:14 AM MDT

encrustations crustaceans
      April 10, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

It seems you've caught randies sickness to ,or is it just re'infection ....:) 
      April 10, 2020 1:23 PM MDT