Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Avocados/guacamole, mayonnaise, Vegemite, beer, wine. Okay, you may add fortune cookies to my list of things I don’t like to eat/drink.

Avocados/guacamole, mayonnaise, Vegemite, beer, wine. Okay, you may add fortune cookies to my list of things I don’t like to eat/drink.

Which foods and beverages are on your list?

~

Posted - April 10, 2020

Responses

WHAT!!! Fortune cookies taste good, but then so does mayo and avocados.  Why don't you like mayonnaise? Seriously, what happened there?
      April 10, 2020 4:40 AM MDT

I'm not a huge fan of mayo unless there's garlic in it. Aioli is ambrosia, mayo bland.
      April 10, 2020 5:26 AM MDT

Okay, are you going to file the divorce papers, or do you want me to?  Grrrrrr. 

~
      April 10, 2020 5:53 AM MDT

Pasta ,pickles and any other sour foods, beets, tapioca.

P.S. Good call leaving coffee off the list.  This is no time to get banned from the mug. This post was edited by Jane S at April 11, 2020 1:01 AM MDT
      April 10, 2020 5:17 AM MDT

Coffee isn't a food or beverage, it's a medical necessity.
      April 10, 2020 5:27 AM MDT

What happened with that errant comma there?  I can’t go on, I can’t see anything else while it’s still staring me in the face. I thought I knew you, Jane S, I thought I knew you. 

April 10, 2020 5:56 AM MDT

Does this mean you'll leave me alone now?
      April 10, 2020 10:56 AM MDT

What are you talking about?  I’ve already forgiven you. 

~
      April 11, 2020 1:00 AM MDT

Brussels sprouts, anchovies, wasabi, curry, alfalfa, prawns. American beer and spirits (the one is making love in a canoe, the other flavoured gasoline). Mollusks of all kinds (I don't merely dislike them, I'm violently allergic). Peanut butter, soy milk, black pudding, kale, quinoa. Mezcal (tequila's ugly little brother - it takes like battery acid).
      April 10, 2020 5:24 AM MDT

Avocados

Guacamole

Coffee

Liver

April 10, 2020 7:13 AM MDT

COFFEE?? You're gonna get banned, for sure. :)

I was forced to eat liver as a child. I swear, I can still remember that putrid taste. Even when I ate animals, the idea of eating their organs made me sick. 
      April 10, 2020 8:59 AM MDT

:)

Yeah, fortunately, I was never forced to eat liver. My dad always liked it with onions and would often order it when we all went to a restaurant. At some point, I tried it, too.

Thanks for the warning about being banned about coffee!
    I'm glad to be able to bid you farewell before my ban. If I'm not around anymore on the site, you can tell people why.

(I tasted coffee one time as a child -- godawful to me. Never purposely tasted it again. No desire. I remember the taste. But I do LOVE chocolate cake. I remember once as a 12-year-old-or-so, I was at a party for all-ages of people. Lots of adults were there and children. There was chocolate cake. I took a big piece. i took one bite and about barfed -- it was a chocolate mocha cake. Why anyone would ruin chocolate cake by adding coffee is beyond me.)

April 10, 2020 11:09 AM MDT

Animals, raw onion, avocado, hot peppers, chili, dried coconut (fresh is delicious), sauerkraut, canned peas, canned carrots, canned spinach (pretty much most canned vegetables). 

Probably at least 50 other things, but those are what come to mind right away. 

April 10, 2020 8:38 AM MDT

Celery, lima beans, olives, ham, liver, and pork sausage.
      April 10, 2020 8:47 AM MDT

• Pungent cheese, eggs (only will tolerate them in baked goods), molluscs (no octopus, calamari or oysters for me), coffee (extremely overrated), beer (just grosses me out), anchovies, and mayonnaise. 
      April 10, 2020 10:43 AM MDT