Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Are you or were you one of those parents who allowed your children to do whatever they wanted to in supermarkets and department stores?

Are you or were you one of those parents who allowed your children to do whatever they wanted to in supermarkets and department stores?

Posted - April 20, 2020

Responses

Absolutely not. They knew the rules, even when they were toddlers.
      April 20, 2020 9:25 AM MDT

Goosebumps!!
      April 20, 2020 1:50 PM MDT

Happy, Happy, of course!!!!!!!
      April 20, 2020 1:50 PM MDT

• My parents didn't do that, but I was a very quiet docile kid. And I'm an only child, so there were no siblings to fight with.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 20, 2020 1:37 PM MDT
      April 20, 2020 10:14 AM MDT

Never my kids both the oldest and both of the youngest were brought up with rules.  There never has been or will be wiggle room
      April 20, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

OMG!!!
    There is an outburst of obnoxious parents and children in stores today!
    Contrary to popular, parenting tactics today, CHILDREN NEED AND WANT BOUNDRIES!!
    You don't have to be cruel.  You don't have to be a fool.  The child is yearning for you to set those protective and safety rules!  Not to mention how to act around others, you, and in public.
    Yes.  All children want to be free. NO! NO! NO!  They are not allowed to be in social envioronments.
    Call me a wicked wizardress but your children do not know until you show them.
    Have you ever been to a party and seen the a** hole who didn't know how to act?
    Welcome to your kids.  
    Really.  Please remember.  You DO go places when you are taught and treat others with respect and manners.
    It WILL take your children to places where people are treating each other that way.
    NOT to some gang bang party where people pull out guns because no one taught them that is not tolerable.
    LEAD by Example.  Stick to a rule.  Make sure you are polite to others and people of the same nature will be attracted.  Others who are not sure will follow.
    Breathe.  Laugh at yourself. Listen to others and learn.
    It gives birth to one of the most contagious actions we do.
    Smile. Pass it On.
    Your day will unfold as the corners of your mouth project.
    :) :)
      April 20, 2020 1:46 PM MDT

Heck, I don't even allow the kids of other parents to do that.
      April 20, 2020 2:19 PM MDT

Careful...these days if you say something to a parent, you might get the crap kicked out of you...or worse.
      April 20, 2020 4:56 PM MDT

I do use a certain amount of discretion....
      April 21, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

No. My children knew exactly how to behave in a store. If they did not we would leave immediately and they knew they were in trouble.  No toys, no games, no tv, etc when they got home. And they would not be returning to the store any time soon. 
      April 20, 2020 5:10 PM MDT

No, I wasn't. My daughter learned proper conduct at an early age so she was never a problem when we went out and about to supermarkets, stores, and restaurants. :)
      April 20, 2020 5:44 PM MDT