Active Now

WelbyQuentin
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Which is worse: mistakenly going in for a hug when she wanted a kiss, or mistakenly going in for a kiss when she wanted a hug?

Which is worse: mistakenly going in for a hug when she wanted a kiss, or mistakenly going in for a kiss when she wanted a hug?

~

Posted - April 23, 2020

Responses

Not waiting to she what she indicates is her style of greeting.

Back in the 1800's, it was polite to let a woman offer her hand. No decent man would touch a woman without her making a clear and formal sign of willingness. If he breached protocols, she was within her rights to slap his face... hard.

Why must feminists fight so hard to regain an automatic right to respectful behaviour from men?

This post was edited by inky at April 23, 2020 4:16 PM MDT
      April 23, 2020 3:33 PM MDT

I think I must channel some old 19th Century guy, because that’s exactly how I am, exactly how I think all men should be, exactly how I wish all men should be. 

Before I was married, I was one a first date with a woman, she chose the venue and we went to a night club that she wanted to see. It was very crowded, we were led to a table and within minutes she wanted to get up and dance. I led the way through the crowd for her, making a path through all the people. After we danced, the same thing, I cleared the way for her.
      Later, either that night or the next couple of days, she expressed to me that she thought I must not like her very much or I must not have been interested in a second date. I was quite surprised, it was the exact opposite, so I asked her where she had gotten such an impression. She said that in her mind, a gentleman takes a lady’s hand and guides her through a crowd, he doesn’t just bulldoze for her. She thought that I was repelled by her or something like that. I was floored. I explained to her that I didn’t like the way so many guys paw all over women, and that for me, I do not touch a woman at all until or unless she herself lets me know that it’s ok or that she wants me to.
      We eventually resolved the matter by her assurance to me that she wanted me all over her, and I reciprocated the sentiment by mutual contentment . . . 

~

April 23, 2020 4:15 PM MDT