Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is something you never expected the coronavirus to cause?

What is something you never expected the coronavirus to cause?

Police in BC are reporting a 700% increase  in cars speeding during the coronavire  outbreak. I don't understand  that because with fewer cars on the road you would  think they would have  the time to slow down and enjoy the ride. Cheers!

Posted - April 29, 2020

Responses

The same is happening here in New York.  Fewer cars on the road means no one in your way when you rev up that engine.  
      April 29, 2020 10:38 AM MDT

Well maybe it's a good way for governments to get back some of the money they dished out in aid packages.  So a couple of months ago  who would  of thought that speeders and  reckless drivers would help pay for the coronavirus costs? Cheers!
      April 29, 2020 11:06 AM MDT

Unfortunately, the police here in NY have other things to do that are more important than traffic speeders.  
      April 29, 2020 11:25 AM MDT

We might just see an increase in self-sufficient (and green) practices when this is over, which I wasn't exactly expecting. Then, of course, there's the whole toiler paper thing.
      April 29, 2020 11:31 AM MDT

I didn't expect it to infect dogs and cats. But what do I know of such things?
      April 29, 2020 11:45 AM MDT

Ya I didn't think a virus could jump from  animal to human or it' a very rare thing. Cheers!
      April 29, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

Better parking options.

Shutting down the President’s ego-nourishment rallies. 

Tidier front yards. 

April 29, 2020 12:00 PM MDT

Yep, here in the UK, we have speeding cars and motorbikes taking advantage of the empty roads. I've also noticed an increase in dog crap being left on the pavements, and litter, including bike parts.  That aside, they are now saying it may be airborne in enclosed spaces, so it is definitely wise to start wearing protective masks, if you are not already.  Travellers are also out with their horses more, taking advantage of the empty roads.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/airborne-coronavirus-detected-in-wuhan-hospitals/ar-BB13mqDY?OCID=ansmsnnews11
      April 29, 2020 4:03 PM MDT

Before the coronavirus I didn't think I would ever  be learning  another language but  now  I am.  I have been watching our Prime Minister give coronavirus briefings -  he gives the briefings in French and English  so I  have been  picking up a few words. I already no how to say  please and thankyou  in French and   if this virus goes on as long as I think it will I will be fluent in French. I didn't  learn this from our Prime Minister but I  think I can also say  - "shut the lights off in the bathroom" in  French  it's Darken De John. Cheers!
      April 30, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

I never thought that it would cause mass stupidity among the people not infected.
      April 30, 2020 7:24 PM MDT

Ya I am not sure if it's the virus that is causing the  mass stupidity or if it's  that orange stuff Trump puts on his face. Maybe it's some kind of orange voodoo powder that blows off and infects the people around him with stupidity  and they spread  it to the people at rallies. Cheers!
      April 30, 2020 7:44 PM MDT