Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » A song for feminists.

A song for feminists.

Posted - May 1, 2020

Responses

I take it you aren't a fan of feminism then! That's a shame as feminism really is about empowering women to be able to live their lives without having to rely on a man to support them. Feminism works for both genders, men don't have to carry the entire burden of earning money, they get interesting, fulfilled women who are interested in life.  And men get to spend more time and be more actively involved in raising their kids.  Benefits all round!
      May 5, 2020 1:37 PM MDT

I believe feminism is widely misunderstood.
    So many men believe it's about women wanting all the power, rather than what we really want, equality.

I think this is partly because of stereotyped man/male/d*ckhead bashing.
    Verbal abuse of males of all ages and types has become a norm one can overhear almost everywhere in public.

I also think it's due to a failure by feminists to properly address and explain themselves to men.
    Most feminist writing is written for a female readership. It assumes the majority of men have no interest in it.

Except for male academics, working mostly in social and cultural disciplines, most men really don't read feminist discourses.
    If they even think of it, they expect such treatises to contain a litany of evidence of their criminal culpability in all the evils women ever experience -
    - and that is far too hard to take for the majority of men.

It's my belief that feminists need to adopt the language and strategies of NVC in order to better communicate their need and goals to men. We need to show them how these goals could - already do in some households and workplaces - vastly improve the lives of men.

This post was edited by inky at August 28, 2022 7:30 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 8:00 PM MDT