Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If someone saw himself or herself in a “People of Walmart” photo online, might it shame some of them to do a 180 when in public after that?

If someone saw himself or herself in a “People of Walmart” photo online, might it shame some of them to do a 180 when in public after that?

~

Posted - May 4, 2020

Responses

Doubtful
      May 4, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

I think you might be right: as I scrolled through looking for examples to post, clearly half to three quarters of them nowadays do it on purpose, apparently with the express intent of uploading it themselves. Oh, fame, that illusive opiate that has slaughtered the masses.

May 4, 2020 7:26 PM MDT

You and Jane pretty much summed it up.
    Wait! That would be a 360.
    I'm over thinking this.
    I think that is exactly where many of them would still be.
    Precisely where they started.

This post was edited by Merlin at May 5, 2020 3:11 AM MDT
      May 5, 2020 1:34 AM MDT

Really there is just no excuse, however, I once had the fear that I might show up on that site.  Not long ago I had to have vascular surgery on my legs....one leg at a time two weeks apart.  After surgery I had to wear a Teds compression stocking 24/7...the thigh-high type.  Misery.  They have been improved from years ago but still they tend to fall/roll down when you walk.  I had to go into Walmart to pick up a prescription.  I thought I could do that and get out of there before the damn thing started sliding down.  (I couldn't ignore it sliding because it hurt)  I went to a corner the feminine products and put my hand down the back of my pants to try to pull it back up but failed.  I was too far from the bathroom so I just sat down and managed to get it off by working it downward a little at a time.  I just didn't even look up to see if anyone was around.  It was an embarrassing thing and would be funny to see.  I laugh every time I've told the story. 
      May 5, 2020 1:46 PM MDT

That made me laugh. I expect we've all had similar moments.
      May 5, 2020 1:52 PM MDT

What color were the compression stockings?

(I am NOT actively searching the internet for photos using the keywords “Walmart + people of + sitting + floor + stockings”.  I would never do anything like that to you.)

~

May 5, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

Never you mind; get back to work!
      May 7, 2020 11:02 AM MDT

Big Giggles!  :) :)!!
      May 7, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

I don't know what you look like but I must say, if you are the chick that is doing the spilts trying to get your compression socks up, I don't care where you are shopping.  I am impressed!
    :) :)!!

May 7, 2020 12:37 PM MDT

There is nothing better than to laugh at yourself and the situation.  At least you had the decency to try and make it to the bathroom.  You had enough pride to try and that says something very good!!

May 7, 2020 12:40 PM MDT