Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Got any constipation theories?

Got any constipation theories?

Last night I ended a 7 day constipation problem. After that I went into the kitchen for a  glass of water and noticed that there was a full or near full moon.  Then I started thinking - hey if the moon can controll the tides maybe it can controll  constipation. Today I  started thinking it would be pretty sweet if I could get a goverment grant and start a study. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - May 8, 2020

Responses

This isn't really a theory but if you want to cure that constipation almost instantly, this'll do it:

This post was edited by Livvie at May 8, 2020 11:20 PM MDT
      May 8, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

That's magnesium oxide. Add water and it becomes magnesium hydroxide, or milk of magnesia. I noticed the container says non-gmo. Of course it is, it's not an organism.
      May 8, 2020 4:19 PM MDT

It's my theory that you ate something that scared your colon stiff.  Colons are timid.  That is why bold foods cause intestinal upset while bland ones don’t. 

May 8, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

Well can you please keep your theory  a secret so I can get my goverment grant. I  did learn a  thing or two from being constipated.  One is I better change my eating habits and the other is I better start keeping constipation  medicine around the house. I was constipated 1 or 2 days longer then  I had to be because we never had a need for the stuff that helps  before so we didn't keep any around the house. Luckally a friend brought some over and tomorrow  we are having  a shopping done for us and constipation aids are at the top of the list. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at May 9, 2020 8:08 AM MDT
      May 8, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

I already applied for a grant to test my theory (back in '93), but I was turned down.  At least I think I was turned down... they were laughing so hard I really wasn't sure.

May 8, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

• I had not considered that. lol. For me it seems to be tied to eating food that isn't so great for me and being too sedentary. My insides can be stubborn sometimes. 
      May 8, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

I  think it is probably tied to food  too but I won''t tell that to the  goverment when  I try to get a grant to study  the moons effect on constipation. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 8, 2020 4:47 PM MDT