Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How well or how poorly do you share others’ fears?

How well or how poorly do you share others’ fears?

~

Posted - May 14, 2020

Responses

I try to be there for others with their fears, yes.  So often, others are there to hear my fears. And having someone simply listen can make all the difference in the world. And a listening ear can also help one find a healthy perspective on one's fears. and listening is the first step in sharing, I'd think.

How well do I share? I don't know. I know I could always do better. But my friends seem to appreciate whatever I do because we remain friends.

:)

May 14, 2020 9:51 PM MDT

I'm happy to listen anytime someone wishes to share about their fears.

If someone fears something specific, I'm unlikely to become fearful of that thing.

Unless it really is a new risk suddenly prevalent in the environment.

But even with COVID I feel little fear because I'm living in near total isolation
    and during shopping I take all precautions.

As Australia eases out of lockdown, I won't be changing be behaviours anytime soon.

My fears are my own; they don't spread like a virus. This post was edited by inky at May 15, 2020 1:00 PM MDT
      May 15, 2020 2:10 AM MDT

One part of your answer particularly interested me - t's an interesting 'take' on the question that I didn't take - - by sharing a fear with someone, or that person sharing fears with me, I didn't think of sharing along the lines of then taking on the fears that someone else has, or the other person then taking on my fears.
    I guess I only took the question as far as the concept of talking with someone about fears can sometimes be helpful.
    :)
      May 15, 2020 10:42 AM MDT

Very well. 
      May 15, 2020 3:38 AM MDT

Within my circle of family, friends and acquaintances, I don't consider most of them fearful people.  Of those  who are, I believe most of their fears are unfounded and possibly a need for attention, especially when they post daily on Facebook.  
      May 15, 2020 8:06 AM MDT

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but sharing means give and take...I rarely share my fears and try to ignore them. Other seem to sense that and are reluctant to share theirs. I guess that is how we were raised as children; to shut things off and out. Unfortunately, we raised our children like that as we did not know any different.
      May 15, 2020 9:11 AM MDT

I think, sometimes, for me, ignoring my fears can be a healthy thing. Acknowledge they're there but then ignoring --

what I mean -- I sometimes can go in illogical or irrational directions with my thinking, creating negative scenarios based on nothing. And when I recognize myself doing that, I know I have the choice to just "Stop it" and ignore or dismiss the fears/thoughts.
      May 15, 2020 10:34 AM MDT

I started to answer this last night.
    I thought I might have a better understanding of what you were trying to ask this morning.  
    I'm still not sure.
    What I can say and grasp from the question is this.
    When it comes to the internet, I never reveal a fear someone has told me.  I try to help them any way I can.  I never share another' fear.  
    When it comes to personal interaction, I seem to absorb their fear and in doing so, connect with them in a way to heal their anxiety or sorrow.  Sometimes I have experienced a similar loss or fear and can share what I did to help me through that time.
    If the fear is beyond my understanding, I share with that individual person another option they may want to investigate.
    I feel everything. I only share my personal feelings and ways to help.
    I believe in trust and healing.  People who have confided in me their fears I do NOT share with others unless told to do so.

This post was edited by Merlin at May 15, 2020 9:06 PM MDT
      May 15, 2020 1:08 PM MDT