Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » In which areas of life or under which topics might there be an asterisk after your name? Both serious and humorous answers sought.

In which areas of life or under which topics might there be an asterisk after your name? Both serious and humorous answers sought.

Posted - May 22, 2020

Responses

In real terms, I would imagine if I omitted part of my name or went by an affectionate nickname.  This way people would know I was the same person.  The other name would probably be put at the bottom of the page as a reference to the asterisk.

A very fine example of this would be Merlie*. :) :)  At the bottom of the page *Merlin or vise versa. 

Another example is if I were to only write my initials or just one part of my 3 names.  First. Middle. Last.  Now that I think about it, if I were filling out a form or was in a place where all 3 names were needed, I wouldn't be able to get away with an asterisk.?   (An after thought.) 

I use them when I'm typing stars.

Some talented people (My2Cents comes to mind) make their own little people out of letters and punctuation symbols.  They probably use them for a number of creative things.

You could use them as opposed to making a dividing line on a typed page.

You could use them as bullets on a list.

You could use them as dots to your small-case i. 

You could use them when drawing eyes as eyes.

You could use them as fur on an animal.

You could use them to write your signature.

You could use them as an outline for anything.

I'll stop.

I can think of a number of things that the asterisk could be used for.

Oh, there is one last thing.  If you were to break down the word, itself, it would appear there is an aste risk. This post was edited by Merlin at May 22, 2020 6:45 PM MDT
      May 22, 2020 11:55 AM MDT

Ok, that’s it, when are you and I going to run away together?  Grrrrrr. 

~
      May 22, 2020 6:45 PM MDT

What about Jane S.?  What about all your tildes?  They would miss you so.  
      May 22, 2020 11:28 PM MDT

Please!  You must have already known that Jane is going to be right there with us every step of the way, and I go nowhere without my collection of tildes. If I left them behind, Livvie would swoop in like a vulture. Grrrrrrr.   In fact, I can see you and Jane teaming up to pack our suitcases. How’s that for cooperation?

~

May 23, 2020 12:32 AM MDT

I agree!
    I talked with Jane last night.
    We have planned the perfect getaway full of fun, laughter, music, and cocktails on soft, sandy, beaches.  Evenings of relaxation and soothing sounds of the oceans.  Cabanas stocked full of every food and beverage choices we could dream.  The brocheurs say the beds are deliriously comfortable.  The air is sweet to to the nose full of fragarent  flowers.  It is nothing but bliss and happiness without a care in the world.
    We are packing and we already know we are going to have the most delicious time of our lives.
    Livvie is arriving an hour after us.  She needed to make a stop on her way out of the country.
    She didn't say where she was going.  She said we would immediately know when she arrived. 
    I can not express enough how much I appreciate you footing the bill.
    Your generosity exceeds you.
    Thank you Randy D. from all of us. 
    We'll send you a post card.
    Love you!
    ;) :) 
      May 23, 2020 9:00 AM MDT

Hey, wait . . . !

~

May 23, 2020 9:12 AM MDT

Hugs and Loves!!
    :) :)
      May 23, 2020 2:46 PM MDT

Grrrr. You two were my favorites. Now all I have to fall back on is the rest of them in The Harem. 

~

May 23, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

September 15, 1973, Wyandot County Fairgrounds, Upper Sandusky, Ohio  * B.H.Wilson led most of tonights' motorcycle race, and had a solid lead after winning both his qualifying heat and semi-final. He topped the field until the last lap, and ran out of gas. He was running ahead of the current national points leader, while riding an outdated, beat up, Yamaha MX360 that was running rather well. * 
      May 22, 2020 12:19 PM MDT

Thank you Randy D. for the AP!
    You know that makes me
    Happy! Happy!
      May 22, 2020 11:30 PM MDT

As I'm Blonde and cute ,as you must well know by now....that I'm Asterix the Gaul's Ghoul friend...butt don't eat just any old food that thinks it can get fresh with me...
    Ice cream in the cool of the knight where great Amour is compncerned...as some would say that I had a knight too remember without the kneed for social distance thing    :( 
      May 23, 2020 2:09 AM MDT

;) :)!!
    Whenever I see your shoe,
    I know it will be a blast to read you!!
    ;) :)!!

May 23, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

It's all my partners fault for not buying a new writing pad whe the last one became full...it's partly my own fault to for temporarily changing my name to Paige ...:(  
      May 23, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

:):)!!
    I just looked at the clock and it's 1:38
    AHHHH!
    We got back from Don's work and now I'm LATE!
    Out the door I run
    and soon I'll return to play with word fun!

It's the best I can do while my mind is on petunias and dirt!
    Why does dirt and my mind seem to end up in the same sentence time and again?...

Rock On' !!
    Be back soon!
    :) :)!!

May 23, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

~

May 23, 2020 4:30 PM MDT