Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Scuttlebutt is that Trump may have paid zero income taxes for at least 18 years! How much income tax did YOU pay the last 18 years?

Scuttlebutt is that Trump may have paid zero income taxes for at least 18 years! How much income tax did YOU pay the last 18 years?

Posted - October 2, 2016

Responses

Zero. The law requires the secretary of the treasury to prepare my return and send me a bill for taxes assessed. No such bill has ever been sent.
      October 2, 2016 11:51 AM MDT

Hello there Rosie...
    'How much did I pay in taxes over the past 18 years???
    Well there were...
    Federal income taxes'
    State income taxes
    Sales taxes
    unemployment taxes
    Social Security taxes
    Corporate income taxes
    Corporate licensing taxes
    Capitol gains taxes
    Gasoline taxes
    School taxes
    Utility taxes
    Property taxes
    Self employment taxes
    Bridge tolls
    Highway taxes
    Toll roads
    Fishing permits
    building permits
    Fee's
    Tariff's
    fines.
    uh....lost track
    Vehicle registration
    parking tickets
    cigarette tax, I once smoked
    Luxury tax, I once owned a boat
    Medicare
    Liquor taxes
    even paid a "duty" at customs

Gosh, Don't really know what that adds up to but I am fairly certain it is more than 18%

As far as the general income taxes, of both  state and Federal goes for the past 18 years, Id say it has been in the average range of 25 maybe as high as 35%. Not bad and I don't mind paying, would like to see it spent better...
    As always...
    have a great day

This post was edited by designer at October 3, 2016 2:42 AM MDT
      October 2, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

What you pay in income tax has no connection to what gets spent. Income tax money is deposited with the Federal Reserve and it simply disappears. The money that congress spends is freshly created for the purpose. No connection at all between the two.
      October 2, 2016 3:01 PM MDT

Condolences sweetie! That is some comprehensive list. It is overwhelmingly crushing to me and I'm just reading your list in the comfort of my home. You paid them. Of course many of the items on your list don't apply to me. I never smoked, owned a boat, owned a company etcetera and so forth. How about running for Prez des? I"d vote for ya!  Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed reply and Happy Monday! :)
      October 3, 2016 2:41 AM MDT

Plenty
      October 2, 2016 2:08 PM MDT

Could you be more specific MaCC?   Thank you for your succinct reply and Happy Monday.
      October 3, 2016 2:43 AM MDT

Henry Ford, another billionaire from many decades ago, probably never paid taxes at all.  He elected to donate his entire fortune to charity.  That charity is still helping S.E. Michigan to survive. Imagine what would happen to his fortune if he paid it to the IRS.
      October 2, 2016 4:30 PM MDT

• Huh. I guess blocking a user doesn't block other users responding to that user.
      October 2, 2016 4:34 PM MDT