Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Now you have had time to settle into it... what's the best and worse part of working from home.

Now you have had time to settle into it... what's the best and worse part of working from home.

Personally, I find it quite stressful, everything takes longer and takes more brainpower to figure out HOW to do it.. and because things take longer and I don't feel I achieve as much as I should, I feel I should spend longer. 

Posted - June 2, 2020

Responses

I worked from home for a few years before I retired. The best part was not having to commute. Where I live, we have long, hard winters and commutes can be very stressful. The worst part was that there was no clear beginning or end to my day. Since my job involved supporting a global user base and my boss was based in the U.K., there was always somebody, somewhere trying to reach me. Being a people pleaser, I generally checked email and messages frequently outside of my supposed working hours. 
      June 3, 2020 9:29 PM MDT

Wait, if that’s true, how come you have never answered any of my email messages or voicemail messages all these years?

June 3, 2020 10:16 PM MDT

For the same reason that I'm not answering them now.
      June 3, 2020 10:24 PM MDT

Hey, wait!  I have a lot more free time on my hands now!  I can devote it all to you with no interruptions!

~

June 3, 2020 10:34 PM MDT

ive never worked from home
      June 22, 2020 2:30 PM MDT