Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » If you agree that anyone has the legal right to protest and that no one has the right to loot during a protest, do you think the funds being

If you agree that anyone has the legal right to protest and that no one has the right to loot during a protest, do you think the funds being

accumulated to bail protestors out of jail should also be applied to bail looters out of jail?

It is in the best interests of any looter to lie and claim he or she was merely protesting and not looting, especially since hundreds of thousands of dollars are being donated for bail money, but is that fair to the people who are being taken advantage of?

Posted - June 2, 2020

Responses

No. No bailing out criminals. Of course they are going lie and claim they were doing anything wrong. This post was edited by my2cents at June 3, 2020 2:02 PM MDT
      June 2, 2020 5:53 PM MDT

Looting is not ok. I think it can become blurred but that is part of what's happening. There are valid peaceful protesters and there are those who are cashing in and taking advantage of the situation.  If they are arrested for looting then I would assume there is some level of evidence that they were looting and not protesting.. The only concern I might have is.... can the police be trusted in this? What happened has destroyed faith in the police and in the system. 
      June 3, 2020 1:55 PM MDT

You’ve brought up valid points, but you haven’t answered what I asked. 

If you don’t trust the police, fine. Do you trust a looter who, when arrested, lies and claims to be a protestor instead?

Quite simply put, should a looter disguised as a protestor be bailed out of jail with money that is specifically for protestors?  

~

June 3, 2020 2:36 PM MDT

not sure
      June 22, 2020 1:57 PM MDT