Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Generally speaking, what are some reasons that people ignore or do not follow their doctors’ or dentists’ advice?

Generally speaking, what are some reasons that people ignore or do not follow their doctors’ or dentists’ advice?

~

Posted - June 7, 2020

Responses

Lazy
    Money
    Do not like healthy food

June 7, 2020 7:30 AM MDT

Incompetent.  I saw a doctor because my ankle had been slightly swollen and sore. He prescribed pills that would make me pee more so would reduce the swelling. I didn't think that seemed right but I took 'em for a month then returned,  swelling had not gone down so he gave me another prescription same pill double strength.  I did not take any and when I returned swelling had gone down on its own and my ankle healed.
    "Those pills really work,  don't they?" he remarked.  Yeah sure, doc.
      June 7, 2020 9:22 AM MDT

Sometimes, a doctor will say certain tests are warranted, but you don't think they are.  When I was really sick back in 2015 and no one seemed to be able to diagnose the problem, I had already had six MRIs, none of which showed anything.  When my doctor wanted me to do another one, I refused.  Same thing with the myriad repetitive blood tests.  Eighteen months later, the same way all the symptoms appeared, they all left and I've been OK since.
      June 7, 2020 10:31 AM MDT

* The doctor hasn’t even reached puberty yet (Doogie Howser M.D.) 

* You watched them Google every question you asked (and it always took them to Facebook)

* You’re sitting in the exam room naked except for a tiny smock that barley covers your left shoulder when the doctor comes in, and says “good morning Mrs. Jones”  (That's MR. Jones … get back to me once you’ve passed Anatomy 101)

* What they told you doesn’t agree with WebMD (who’re they trying to kid?)

June 7, 2020 11:02 AM MDT

cause they dont want to
      June 7, 2020 2:49 PM MDT