Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Can you name some errors that you have seen in movies and TV shows? I have noticed some clocks that don't change time.

Can you name some errors that you have seen in movies and TV shows? I have noticed some clocks that don't change time.

Posted - June 7, 2020

Responses

I recently watched the 1955 film version of "Guys and Dolls" with Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, and Vivian Blaine. The sets have fake cars to simulate traffic and fake subway entrances. Another thing that doesn't ring true, although it doesn't really count as an error, is the idea of the police in a city like New York being so concerned with a smalltime crap game.
      June 7, 2020 2:47 PM MDT

This is not a wind up ,is it ? 
      June 7, 2020 3:23 PM MDT

In my house we all looked for them and it was important to be the first to yell "movie mistake!"  (even if it was a TV drama)
      June 7, 2020 4:12 PM MDT

Got any examples?
      June 7, 2020 5:06 PM MDT

I can’t stand the way actors portray military servicemen, specifically uniforms and haircuts. If you’re a shaggy-haired actor playing the part of a Marine, for instance, yet you don’t want to get a military haircut, then you aren’t being accurate. There is a right way and a wrong way to wear a uniform, and many TV shows and movies get it wrong. Many times, the producers or wardrobe department merely purchase brand new uniforms fresh out of the box and slap them on a performer. 

June 7, 2020 11:19 PM MDT

I agree 100%. I have noticed ribbons misplaced, coffee cups on shelves on a ship and officers getting discharged. NCIS is full of them.
      June 8, 2020 10:16 AM MDT

no, i havent noticed any
      June 13, 2020 3:57 PM MDT