Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is the longest you have gone without something you liked and/or wanted.

What is the longest you have gone without something you liked and/or wanted.

For me being happy in the sun.  It has been 12 years except for two short visits to the land of the living. 
I sure do miss sunshine and nice weather.  Not too hot and not too cold, just right.  

Posted - June 15, 2020

Responses

That’s too vague a question. There are some things that I’ve done without my entire life or for large portions of my life that fall into the categories of my likes or wants. (Sigh.)
    ~
      June 15, 2020 2:42 PM MDT

I feel ya for sure.  My first thought is ice cream.  I haven't had any for so long and I like it so much but actually my life is better without it.  If I ate some now like I used to (not gonna say how much in one sitting) I'd probably go into a sugar coma. Ice Cream has been a monkey on my back for as long as I can remember.  Probably sounds stupid but maybe someday I'll tell you my ice cream stories.  hahahaha if you can take it.  However, when I go I hope I have at least a pint of ice cream in my hands that I am eating so I can die with a smile on my face. hahahahaha

This post was edited by . at June 16, 2020 10:45 AM MDT
      June 15, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

I don’t think it’s stupid at all, I understand it perfectly because I have my own vices also. 

~

June 15, 2020 8:05 PM MDT

1 scoop is not enough and two is two many, I totally stay away from it.  No low cal ice cream either, I've been down that road a few times, it's a weighty problem.  Now I'm at peace with Ice Cream, maybe I'll have some one day (on my last day perhaps or after I've lost 50lbs) but not right now.  I can walk by the Ice Cream and not have a desire to buy any. 
      June 16, 2020 3:36 AM MDT

In honesty, maybe, since inheriting this flesh 
      June 15, 2020 2:52 PM MDT

Sex...I can't remember the last time. Maybe ten years.
      June 15, 2020 4:45 PM MDT

You're not missing anything. Sun causes skin cancer.
      June 15, 2020 8:08 PM MDT

Nothing that comes to mind...there is not much I've ever wanted and had to wait to long for...I tend to like the simple things in life though,albeit you mustn't tell this to who I live with...   :( 
      June 15, 2020 9:00 PM MDT

all my life
      June 20, 2020 4:38 PM MDT