Active Now

Element 99
Maurice214
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If I’m self-isolating don’t you think the rest of you Answermug people should too? It’s only fair.

If I’m self-isolating don’t you think the rest of you Answermug people should too? It’s only fair.

Posted - June 26, 2020

Responses

Rest easy, Jaimie. You’ll always have your connection to Randall D to comfort you during this difficult and trying time. 

~

June 26, 2020 6:06 PM MDT

June 26, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

Translation: “He’s so right!  I don’t know why I don’t just look at the positives first. Silly me. To thank him, I should go into my basement and make a zillion mustard sandwiches for him while I wait out these ten days. He’s really a saint.”
    ~

June 26, 2020 6:11 PM MDT

You’re right Randy! I’m so lucky to have you in my life. My  first self-isolation project will be to write a list of all the ways my life has improved since our last divorce. 

This post was edited by Jaimie at June 26, 2020 9:11 PM MDT
      June 26, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

Too many typos to count. Our remarriage is now called off. 

~

June 26, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

And I haven’t even started the self-isolating wine yet! Lol. 
      June 26, 2020 6:18 PM MDT

Hold on now, I don’t want any vodka in my mustard sandwiches. Sleep it off for a few days before you start making them, please. 

~

June 26, 2020 7:25 PM MDT

Should I tell her about the secret ingredient that will keep you away for ever?
      June 27, 2020 1:05 AM MDT

Why don’t you do something to help me?  Grrrrrrr. 

~

June 27, 2020 6:57 AM MDT

Self-isolating, eh. I'm going to come up der and kiss you, okay.
      June 26, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

OKAY! I need some company... just call Trudeau and tell him I said it is okay for you to cross the border, eh. 

June 26, 2020 6:35 PM MDT

Good...I ain't spending $40 for passport for a one-nighter.
      June 26, 2020 6:38 PM MDT

Lol, I wouldn’t offer a one nighter  if I actually thought you could get over the border... I mean... Cos I don’t want you to catch the corona :) 
      June 26, 2020 6:42 PM MDT

A weekender then.?
      June 26, 2020 7:04 PM MDT

Lol sure, Canadian weekender consists of drinking, darts and breaking hearts. weekender then eh? 
      June 26, 2020 7:07 PM MDT

Nope. I got bills to pay. 
      June 26, 2020 7:32 PM MDT

The owner of the company I work for is so very generous, he’d probably pay you to self- isolate with me if I asked him to lol. I’m actually not allowed to be on social media anymore though because of my new contract. I don’t really think this counts because it’s not real name social media, but I’m not really sure. I’m going with a don’t ask don’t tell policy so I don’t have to quit this site like I had intended a month or so ago. So I can’t ask him to pay you....Okay, I’ve only been in self-isolation for about 12 hours so far and I’m already starting with the long rambles. I don’t think this going to go very well for me. I probably would have just been home tonight anyway but I don’t like it when I have to be.

June 26, 2020 7:52 PM MDT

Glad you have a good boss. 
    And you are still here. :)
      June 27, 2020 6:10 PM MDT

I already had to self-isolate for two weeks because when my area was in the first part of reopening my mom was called back to work but a few days later one of my mom's co-workers had a high fever, was pale and sweating a lot and went to work anyway.  

She was there for four hours before the boss finally noticed and sent her home so everybody who was at her job that day had to self-isolate along with everybody who had contact with her or one of her co-workers.   Ugh.  The thing I don't get is why everybody who worked there covered for her and did her work for her until the boss noticed it and nobody, including my mom ever thought to tell her maybe she should take some time off work.    Double ugh.

I never felt sick or anything and I never got a call from the health department's contact tracers about her testing positive so I hope I'm safe now.
      June 26, 2020 8:41 PM MDT

My situation is kind of the same as yours, I had no idea it worked that way in the tracing. I was in close contact with someone who was in catch with someone who tested positive. I was surprised I was told I have to self-isolate just because of that. I have no symptoms at all. Also I was told not to get tested unless I develop symptoms. I feel like I should be allowed to get tested so if I test negative I can just be allowed to live my friggin life. I don’t understand any of this crap at all. 
      June 26, 2020 8:55 PM MDT

I could count the number of times I've been indoors somewhere other than my home since the 2nd week of March on two hands. The weirdest thing is, I'm not really bothered by it! :)

Don't drink too much!! You need your liver, ya know. 
      June 26, 2020 8:44 PM MDT

Haha, I’ve not really been drinking very much this year anyway. Not because I felt the need cut back, just ah ent been feeling like it. I’m the same was mostly home a lot since March, but it was never a case of I actually had to isolate and not go anywhere. I really don‘t like this feeling of not being allowed to go anywhere. I’d rather be home because I don’t want to go anywhere lol. Maybe I’ll start binge drinking again like the good old days ;) 
      June 26, 2020 8:49 PM MDT

I get it. Nothing would make me want to go somewhere like being forbidden to. Once a rebel, always a rebel. :)

June 26, 2020 8:59 PM MDT

On an unrelated note, The Boys season 2 is being released September 4th, at least that’s something to be happy about right now lol .
      June 26, 2020 10:32 PM MDT