Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Music » Is there one song for you that you, for yourself, call "The Best Song I've Ever Heard"?

Is there one song for you that you, for yourself, call "The Best Song I've Ever Heard"?

I enjoy a HUGE amount of music styles, and I have many "favorites," but I do have one song I call the "Best Song I've Ever Heard" (and I know I've said it a lot on the site here)

Lyrics, music, performance, instrumental accompaniment -- this one is up there all by itself for me:

"Ode To Billie Joe"    Bobbie Gentry

Posted - July 27, 2020

Responses

Ross Wilson fronted Daddy Cool, then later formed Mondo Rock. His then-wife Patricia did that godawful Bop Girl.

Country? I've got a couple:

July 27, 2020 9:52 PM MDT

I will listen, i promise! thanks for answering my requested genre! (Because country western is not usually a genre to which I'm drawn, in spite of Gentry residing there - - and Patsy Cline, too, who melts me any time she sings.)

I'm getting a little antsy sitting at the moment and might go do some other things, though.

And thanks for the reminder about Ross Wilson/Daddy Cool/Mondo Rock! (And 'Bop Girl,' ha!)
      July 28, 2020 6:49 PM MDT